Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Anatharon posted:

I mean I think the game's mediocre but what? In 90% of video games, attacking someone is only last resort because it's the only possible option and in 9% of the remainder it's one of the first options presented to you!

You can hate the game all you want and I have no stake in it either way but seriously, what?

Wait, you don't remember Wolfenstein 3D, where you had the option of sitting down for tea with the Nazi's and just talking things out and hopefully convincing them that Hitler sucks and they should just set you free?

Or what about Space Invaders, where you use diplomatic means to end the invasion of Earth.

I don't know what this guy was referring to. In a lot of games, you're pretty much driven to violence, or it isn't an option. Which says something about the usage of violence in videogames. There are exceptions to the whole attack rule, but the only games I could think of were games like Hitman or other stealth games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread