Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I played the flash game when it was out and it was awesome. Did they ever get to the voice acting stretch goal? :v:

Lasher posted:

He got ripped in half on the wall. I thought maybe because he was full health he could have taken a bit more. Obviously not.

Yeah that part's brutal. You can't let them crank it more then once or twice.

If the guy that's not on the wall provokes them a lot it'll help a bit, at least.

I like the game though. It's a combination of adventure-puzzle-resource management that's really interesting.

Frankly I don't think I can reccomend it to other people. I just find it strangely intrgueing.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

Edit: Even on Easy, the first mission is way harder than the next three (I haven't finished Chapter 5 yet), so if you don't like it at first, just power through it and see if you like the rest of the game better.

Really? I thought the first mission was one of the best. The only RNG is optional and you can manipulate it. Chapter two is probably the worst part of the entire game.

Hostage moods have five, I believe stages. Two legs down, one leg up/down, two legs up, two legs up and rocking, two legs up and head in hands

The mid range is safe, the left and right most extremes are bad. You need to keep them as close to center as possible. If they're in the break room or say something about needing to escape or you being distracted that means they're much more likely to run or attack.

I think backing this for the price of the game was a mistake on my part but that's kickstarter. :shrug:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 25, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I beat the first level on Original on my first shot. I even got the challenges done. It seemed pretty straight forward to me.

The second level is almost a comically downwards nosedive in how bad it is, being 100% based on RNG.

You can calm them all down by chatting to the boss a bit and then attack the guards or shout at the boss to stabilize it.

Chapter 3-4-5 I thought were alright. Overall if I paid $5 instead of $10 I'd have been happy with it, I think.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 27, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

al-azad posted:

In literally any other video game ever designed by humans, attacking someone is a last resort.

I mean I think the game's mediocre but what? In 90% of video games, attacking someone is only last resort because it's the only possible option and in 9% of the remainder it's one of the first options presented to you!

You can hate the game all you want and I have no stake in it either way but seriously, what?

al-azad posted:

Apparently blue actions take little time while red actions take a lot of time. Or maybe not, I don't know?

The game says "Talk to Liam if you have any questions" then he basically breaks the fourth wall saying "You can do as many blue actions as you want, red ones advance time."

al-azad posted:

It makes zero sense, both in real life and in video game world. The attacker has every advantage over the hostage taker. Negotiations are to try and end things without bloodshed but once bullets start flying that's it, deadly force is authorized.

Every advantage except, you know, having the hostages.

BJPaskoff posted:

Also the fact that they didn't even both to write in alternate scenarios for when a main character dies is bad game writing of the year.

It acknowledges that they die if you interact with them Burden will make a comment about it and their sprite flips out for a second and they actually even made a reason for it being the way it is, but you have to beat the game.

Endorph posted:

This game is like Stanley Parable if it sucked.

So.. Stanley Parable.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 27, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

TerminalBlue posted:

After figuring out and beating Chapter 4 on the second try(and having to just click as fast as I could through 15 days for no good reason), I quit right at the premise of Chapter 5. gently caress that poo poo.

I legitimately liked chapter 5.

I dislike a lot of things about this game, like the fact they couldn't be bothered to get an editor, or even use Microsoft Word's spellcheck, or that the ending is "The arm is your wife" levels of idiotic but I genuinely have to wonder if most of the people complaining about how "Things don't make sense!" just ignore everything and blindly click away while determinedly avoiding everything else. The game's very clear about lots of things, even if it's saying "Hey you win or lose entirely on the RNG, enjoy suckers."

Cemetry Gator posted:

Wait, you don't remember Wolfenstein 3D, where you had the option of sitting down for tea with the Nazi's and just talking things out and hopefully convincing them that Hitler sucks and they should just set you free?

Or what about Space Invaders, where you use diplomatic means to end the invasion of Earth.

I don't know what this guy was referring to. In a lot of games, you're pretty much driven to violence, or it isn't an option. Which says something about the usage of violence in videogames. There are exceptions to the whole attack rule, but the only games I could think of were games like Hitman or other stealth games.

Yeah but Hitman, Deus Ex, Thief, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, whatever all have "Kill everyone" as a perfectly viable option.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Did you try the flash game? A lot of people who are dissapointed seem to not have known what they were getting.

al-azad posted:

No, in games that give you the option to chat or fight (basically any RPG), fighting leads to a fight. Here the shoot option can pacify someone, kill someone, or delay someone or sometimes all the above. Sometimes you're given a prompt, sometimes you aren't you'll never know unless you click. There could be a symbol telling you an option leads to more options but no, that's just something you have to try for yourself because failure is fun, I guess.

There is a symbol. If something ends with elipses then it means there's further options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Something interesting is that apparently the Devs took people's criticisms to heart.

Though it's from awhile back I didn't hear about it until now, but the update made a few changes, specifically adding three new difficulties. Puzzle mode removes the random chance, Puzzle Mode Light does that but makes it easier, and Narrative mode basically makes the game a visual novel.

If you think the story sucks, welp, doesn't do anything about that.

• Locked thread