Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Do not play on normal because it's really awful.

I'm actually enjoying it on easy, but I also really enjoyed the flash game. But even then I've had to restart sometimes because I just got blindsided by something that either flat out killed me or set me back too far to recover - Jack dying so fast from the wall stretcher in Chapter 2 being the biggest one so far. Chapter 3 and 4 are also probably really lovely on normal, as well.

Basically I think I have to agree that it's not a terribly good game, which is a shame because I think it's actually pretty interesting. But the difficulty doesn't work very well with the huge amounts of RNG, especially when you're often asked to interpret visual cues that aren't clear until you've already seen them (and probably died) once.

Edit: Even on Easy, the first mission is way harder than the next three (I haven't finished Chapter 5 yet), so if you don't like it at first, just power through it and see if you like the rest of the game better.

DoubleDonut fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hostage moods seemed to go up and down basically at random from hack boosting/reinforcing security/boost charging. Or maybe some hostages are affected differently by different actions? Either way I would end up with one super-nervous guy and one super-relaxed guy really early and I'd end up sending the nervous guy to the break room only for him to try and strangle me two turns later. Basically every action affects every hostage which made it really frustrating to not lose at least two basically immediately.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yeah, as soon as I got to "The desert from Quest for Glory 2, but no Marx Brothers to tell you how many skareens everything is" I quit and haven't looked back. I don't really regret funding it because I'm okay with interesting, different games existing even if they're kind of lame like this one, I just wish it was actually enjoyable to play at all.

• Locked thread