Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lasher posted:

I honestly can't remember, though I do know they weren't doing the agitated animation when they attacked. It's probably one of those where being nice all the time wont cut it and you have to give them a kick to show them not to gently caress around.

I haven't beaten the first screen yet (staying on Original, because I am a masochist), but you definitely won't win just being a sweetie. The scale of calm/agitated has a fail state at both ends where they'll try to escape, either because they're relaxed enough to think they have a chance or frantic enough that they'd rather risk dying. You need to keep them just uncomfortable enough that they don't get any funny ideas, but feeling safe enough that they aren't gonna just panic and make a break for it. So yeah, you're gonna be kicking someone's teeth in one turn, then flipping around and having a friendly chat with them the next. Or shooting them in the leg and spraying it to heal them the next. Stockholm syndrome the poo poo out of those poor hostages.

Edit: Screen 1 character state spoilers Basically, if someone is either sitting comfortably (legs straight or one leg raised), or curled up with a hand on their face, they're at one of the extremes and might freak. Also, I usually have a text alert come from one of them, either something about me being distracted or "I just need to run", which gives a good notice that their attitude needs correcting.

One other thing I've figured out is that the ability to trade hostages is very very useful for a lot of different managements.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread