Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

Yeah, as soon as I got to "The desert from Quest for Glory 2, but no Marx Brothers to tell you how many skareens everything is" I quit and haven't looked back. I don't really regret funding it because I'm okay with interesting, different games existing even if they're kind of lame like this one, I just wish it was actually enjoyable to play at all.

That's me also. I'm going to watch a Let's Play of it and hope that my :10bux: went to producing more games of this ilk by people who used this game's flaws as a learning experience. Juggling invisible numbers is fine; many games do it, even ones that have visible numbers for most things such as RPGs. My problem with the game is there's little to no feedback regarding if what I'm doing is hindering or helping my chances of winning this level. I like what the game is trying to do and hope more experimental games come from it, but I'm just not going to play it.

Also the fact that they didn't even both to write in alternate scenarios for when a main character dies is bad game writing of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Devour or Fire posted:

Are the really retards who honestly believe it's ok to fund artsy garbage sub-games with the hopes that it will be proof of concept for some unrelated person to make something that is similar but not completely awful.

That is how the indie genre seems to go. Of course there'll be tons more equally or even more awful clones before anything good comes out of it. The best thing that can happen is the hype leads to more point and click adventure games. I mean, this game definitely has a great atmosphere, just terrible gameplay.

Also I'm trying desperately to justify my purchase when in reality I'd ask Steam for a refund if that was something they did, because this is the most overhyped thing I've ever played. So leave me alone. :smith:

• Locked thread