Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

DoubleDonut posted:

Hostage moods seemed to go up and down basically at random from hack boosting/reinforcing security/boost charging. Or maybe some hostages are affected differently by different actions? Either way I would end up with one super-nervous guy and one super-relaxed guy really early and I'd end up sending the nervous guy to the break room only for him to try and strangle me two turns later. Basically every action affects every hostage which made it really frustrating to not lose at least two basically immediately.

I, too, made the mistake yesterday of starting on 'Original' difficulty and losing repeatedly while juggling the 8+ variables(4 hostages, Hacking Percent, Security, Hack Boost, Guards).

The hostages *seem* to have no equilibrium point: there's a [panic]<->[relax] spectrum and no stable midpoint. So if you've got them mostly panicking, they'll continue to panic. If you've got them mostly relaxing, they'll continue to relax. The problem is they all start at different points on this spectrum and not all actions are neutral. It's just really, really, really complicated variable juggling. I think my best attempt on Original was 70% hack progress but it just always spirals out of control.

I'll try again on Easy today and see if it is any more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread