Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

did grandma forget her avatar somehwere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Ooooohhh. I thought fronz just made a Shank 2 mega thread in games and Capps was creeping on him. Noooooowww I get it.

ahaha i thought the same thing and was pretty confused at why ecco was stirring trouble

Pander posted:

Nobody's going to just go "mafia discussion thread? What's that?" and then learn from the OP.

this is how i joined up, i sent twelvebaud a pm saying 'your game sounds interesting, is it newbie friendly?'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

if only http://votefinder.org/player/the-leper-colon-v

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So I have no idea what any of this stuff is what am I

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

my tag partner is tremendous taste

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'd like for my finisher to be called 'The Tongue Twister' because ernutetnoiraud

I'd like to know what my and TT's rating is!!!

And I'd like our Tag Team Name to obviously be called the 'A taste of earlobe'

:getin:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

cckeane and dhaes .... cckeane and dhaes ... cchasbeen and will-go-down-in-a-blaze i have uncovered the secret code

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ok I'll settle for just acting above everything and insulting fans and coworkers alike

i insult tremendous taste, immediately becoming a fan favorite, but with every victory for the both of us the crowd starts doubting that i'm actually a double agent and that i truly love tt

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

I'm very curious to see how everyone does on this test:

http://kgajos.eecs.harvard.edu/mite/

26/36

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

But then I took the color test that was linked and it said I had the eyes of a 17 year old. So that's cool I guess.

That test thinks I'm 18. It's the little things. :gbsmith:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Peta posted:

Because that's probably the real focus of the study

Figure 1. 99% of test subjects were susceptible to projecting their attraction on a picture of two human eyes when eyeliner was worn. Changing the sex of the person with the eyeliner in the picture did not significantly alter this statistic.

Figure 2. Test subjects were 99% more likely to choose 'Imposing' or 'Determined' to describe someone they'd previously chosen words like 'Interested' and 'Playful' to describe, even when confronted by four new and definitely not sexy words. Changing the adjectives even further did not significantly alter how basic the average test subject was.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Go...ku?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

someone should make a one night ultimate werewolf mafia setup

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming can be a fairy type

gulag can be a dark type

capps can be an electric type

and i will calmly accept dragon type

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dr. Hurt posted:

What Pokemon type would I be Ernie? :allears:

you are obviously a bidoof

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dr. Hurt posted:

That's not a type. :colbert:

it's a type of something.......

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

its pretty obvioius what me am

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Ernie please give us all pokeymans.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

which pokemon am i

this choice is suggestive

Asiina posted:

Also Ernie, me me me!

because you are too trusting

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dr. Hurt posted:

I refuse to believe that I am a Bidoof.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I was asking too ernie :qq:

bowmore posted:

Ernie assign me a pokeman

kaschei posted:

Also, ernie. ahem

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Ernie you are just picking random pokemans. There is no art to this. Shameful

are you angry i gave away bidoof

also, there totally is. tremendous taste is a snake with taste. bowmore is a cheeky australian. kaschei is p obviously one of the most high profile bad pokemon in history. asiina could have been butterfree, but i found arcanine more ... loyal? ludicolo should've been juanito you're right, but that would've made keane golem (because of his love of dodgeball, and that just wasn't as funny)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ernie is a monster. But at least I will grow up to be big strong and important. One day :negative:

if you complained again i was going to

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Why what is wrong with this dog thing?

actually, nothing

rumor has it that it was originally designed to be a legendary pokemon, but then demoted because there were too many in the first generation

it's used by cops in the pokemon world all the time

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

alright guys quote this post to find out what big bang theory character you are

it's like the worst parts of gbs .... do me capps and then do hurt ......

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

actually capps should do parks and recreation and make cckeane Andy Dwyer

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

guys i think capps is telling us something

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meezus posted:

*shrug*

I think it's half art half science. IQ tests are bullshit too but they still correlate well with incomes.

vOvving all the way to the bank here

hello, mills

person who does research for a living here

myers-briggs personality tests are bullshit, and have been regarded as such for a decade or so now

the introvert-extrovert measure counts for something, but (!) not in the way most tests check for it. you can spend all your time with friends outside at parties but still be introverted for example.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

kaschei posted:

Did anyone even report a sub-100 IQ? Because people who don't think they are intelligent don't go out of their way to take IQ tests and people who score low don't publicize their IQ test results.

i don't think it's possible to be literate, have internet access, be capable of being in a pay-only mafia community and have a sub-100iq... that's just not what iq tests are made for

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Jon Joe posted:

You joke but any time I say anything about a correlation to someone the first thing out of their mouth is something along the lines of "BUT THAT DOESN'T APPLY TO ME/MY MOTHER/MY BROTHER/MY DOG!!!"

the last time i told someone i see a correlation their reply was 'yeah but i don't think it will be significant when we actually move with HepG2s and a Gal4 system' :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

Ernutetnoiraud I demand a pokemon.

(because of your name)

Jon Joe posted:

I really need my pokemon, please.

(get it? you're overly complicated...)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meezus posted:

Ernie, which pokemon has the greatest sense of honor, justice and fairness?

that depends...

does it have to evoke Power as well?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

Is that even a question?

please wait for the punchline

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meezus posted:

No one pokeman can have all that power ernie

i agree,

therefore i think you are

because you help all pokemon indiscriminately

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

actually it's chansey, the pokemon found in all pokecenters (pokemon hospitals)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Show me an atom that does a mind thingy and maybe we can talk.

You're a physicist Mein? That's cool, I know we have a couple of other physicists in Pander and Magres :3:

Meezus posted:

I never see any bankers outside of the finance thread.

It's because they're ENTJs where The E is for Entitled....

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

I think it's because we have had a giant box of bisquik and a big bag of raisins in our pantry for like a year and a half and she's trying to get rid of them.

Just give it to her straight, CPig. She bakes one more cake, and it's your voice that'll be raisin...

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I'm almost a doctor!

loving someday...

Oh you're doing your M.D. at Queen's? I know two people who start there in like 8 days or whatever!

I'm guessing all the research is for you to get into a competitive residency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

No, PhD. Fake doctor!

I was getting a PhD in Dev Psych at Waterloo but some poo poo went down so now I'm getting a PhD in Ed Psych at Queen's.

Asiina posted:

I could write forever about math education and development of math and number concepts in young children. poo poo is so interesting.

oh awkward I'm usually the person in any given room trying to push a 'doctor'/'physician' distinction :\

you'll be a real doctor in my heart, asiina (because otherwise i'm calling my future self a fake doctor, too)

how fluid are fellowships in psych-academia (i.e. are you going to make your way back to math ed somehow?)

• Locked thread