Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Main Paineframe posted:

The problem with teacher assessment isn't the standards or methodology, it's the actions taken based on the results of the assessments. The dominant forces in school reform policy right now don't want to assess teachers in order to help them improve, they want to assess teachers so that they can fire a bunch of "bad teachers". It's not too much different from how No Child Left Behind addresses failing schools by cutting their funding and then firing all the staff. As long as reform policy is centered around punishment rather than helping to improve, teachers are going to resist teacher assessment to their dying breath, because it's being pushed in order to hurt them rather than help them.

Are you implying that replacing teachers with fresh-out-of-college grads won't magic fully formed good teachers into existence, comrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It is that bad.

It would appear there is indeed a numeracy problem :suicide:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

computer parts posted:

No one in the US displays price after tax

:psypop:
Ok, you're officially the hermit kingdom.

When looking at a price tag I don't give a poo poo about how much of that is tax, I only want to know how big the stack of cash I need to get out of my wallet is. Put a "and $Texas of that price goes to the greedy gubmint" under the main number on the price tag if you want to live up to the special snowflake country image for the sake of it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

computer parts posted:

I don't see a clear geographic trend at all, there are darker states all over and lighter states all over.

It's also funny you bring up West Virginia because they have one of the lowest sales tax rates per your map (Virginia, an "actual" southern state, is in the bottom 10).

Huh? VA has 5.62% and WV 6.04%, so VA is lower than WV though, yeah, both are relatively low. Both are much lower than the 19% I pay :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah but if you're Canadian you likely pay less in fees and income tax.

Wrong side of the ocean :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

KillHour posted:

It's not just that taxes are different per state, they're different per county (and sometimes by city).

Hermit Kingdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

computer parts posted:

Or you could just convert everything to decimal. :v:

Like any civilised and most uncivilised countries :wotwot:

• Locked thread