Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blowfish posted:

:psypop:
Ok, you're officially the hermit kingdom.

When looking at a price tag I don't give a poo poo about how much of that is tax, I only want to know how big the stack of cash I need to get out of my wallet is. Put a "and $Texas of that price goes to the greedy gubmint" under the main number on the price tag if you want to live up to the special snowflake country image for the sake of it.

We do display for a few things (gasoline, movie theaters), but in general we don't include sales tax into the price of things. I think it's messed up since it helps out regressive southern hellholes (who fund themselves through sales taxes instead of income taxes) since it makes your prices seem similar when you're actually paying 1-2% extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

computer parts posted:

Of the seven states that don't charge income tax, only two of them were part of the former confederacy (and none of the others existed when the Civil War first started).

It's not just having zero income taxes, it's also having low ones. Either way places the burden of funding the state on the poor. Southern states are heavier users of sales taxes, as shown by this map:

Also, being in the Confederacy is sufficient but not necessary to be a Southern state. You would consider WV to be Southern, correct?

• Locked thread