Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Forgive me for my lack of fully understanding the structure of Common Core, but my question about it is related to No Child Left Behind, its biggest criticism as far as I remember was that it set up for children to learn enough to pass tests/benchmarks rather than expand and help children learn like what they needed.

Is this a criticism that follows Common Core? Again, I must shamefully admit I lack little knowledge of it other than students at a particular school had to write a essay about the holocaust being a myth or something to that effect.

Before common core, every state just had their own set of benchmarks (content strands, standards, etc.). Most of those standards were pretty drat similar to the common core. Where they were different they were most often worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

On the other hand, I know TFA corps members who are making $70,000 in their first year with regular raises thereafter.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Trent posted:

This is true if it is served open, it's plus tax if it's sold closed. Because, that's why.

Because no one at a bar wants to calculate the loving tax on their beer.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

School reform is ridiculous bullshit. Those students are failing because they are poor. If being poor weren't so horrendous they would do better.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I don't even care about common core. Common core is probably a good idea. What I really hate is the infantalization of teachers, the removal of their protections as workers, and charters.

• Locked thread