Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I'm nthing that Pollock paintings look like nothing much on a computer screen or in a book.

Up close they are fantastic. Lots of textures and things that doesn't come through in a photo. There's a reason it was called 'Action painting'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

However everyone who has some degree of taste knows that Rabo Karabekian was the real talent of the abstract impressionist movement. :smug:

Too bad nearly all of his works have been lost, though.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Septic Knothead posted:

http://discovermagazine.com/2001/nov/featpollock

Here's an article that describes the underlying fractal qualities of his paintings. I don't really know much about the theory or the underlying math, but it doesn't strike me as pretentious artsy-fartsy bullshit. I have seen some of Pollock's work in person and it is quite impressive.

The fractal nature of Pollock paintings is most likely complete bullshit.

http://blog.case.edu/case-news/2006/11/30/pollock

Untitled no. 5 Kate Jones-Smith

This painting made in photoshop is authenticated as a genuine Pollock by the same fractal analysis.

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 10, 2014

• Locked thread