Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
ESA is awesome, and I'm really excited for this year's event.

For anyone checking it out, don't discount the second stream. It's gonna be more chill than the main stream, but there are some really cool games tucked away in there. Jet Set Radio, Ninja Gaidens, Tales of Symphonia, Metroid Prime 3, DMC1, Wand of Gamelon with cutscenes, Bastion race, William Shatner's TEKWAR, Dark Souls 2, Portals, etc. etc. Lot of good stuff in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
We're live now with some pre-show :words:

Croc is the first run up, followed by Ape Escape 3, Metroid Fusion, and then Zelda II. Main stream room is packed and full of marathon excitement.

Reminder that the secondary (yellow) stream doesn't start until tomorrow, but there's a ton of good stuff there too so check the schedule.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
There may be yoco on the second stream later in the week.

Right now there's a pretty cool Otogi 2 run going on. I think pretty much everyone forgot about Otogi, but it's a fun early Xbox action game by From.

There's also going to be a goofy Beethoven's 2nd race in an hour or so. It's a (really bad) SNES game, but the race will be entertaining.

Second stream will be live in seven hours or so: http://www.twitch.tv/esa Bunch of good SNES Disney games right out of the game, and first up is World of Illusion. Jet Set Radio is a few hours after that, and that'll be pretty cool too.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Mr E posted:

Otogi 1 and 2 plus Breakdown are the only reason I even still have my Xbox. Anyone catch the ME2 run where he kept staring at Miranda's rear end? I know he was doing it as a joke, but it still seemed kinda pathetic. The Episode 1/2 runs were pretty interesting, and every 'j' being soft is pretty great.

:hfive:

Otogi 1 and 2 are really fun games. I feel like even more people forgot about Breakdown than they did Otogi though. Also, I'm still hoping someone will route Phantom Dust one day.

I sat through a bit of the Mass Effect 2 run. He was clipping through Miranda's butt and commenting on it throughout the suicide mission too. Dude really enjoyed Miranda's butt.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
ESA is not a charity marathon in the same way GDQ is. It does benefit a charity, but it's evolved into more of a casual speedrun/game event at heart. There's a good deal of experimentation going on this year, and overall ESA is still figuring out how to best balance charity fundraising, speedruns, and fruit/vegetable controllers.

There hasn't been a lot of guidance as far as MCing goes, so that's probably why you've been hearing inconsistencies with the donations being read. There's no regular audio bump between segments to promote the charity ala GDQ either, but again the event is not organized to pimp donations front and center.

MURPHAGATOR! posted:

Edit: And the vods tab just redirects to the reddit thread? Pretty legit.

I can't tell if you're being really nitpicky or saying it's a good thing. Either way, I'd like to see GDQ adopt that so it's easier for people to find vods during the marathon.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Max Payne part 2 got bumped again due to technical problems.

Four player Crystal Chronicles co-op is starting now instead. It's a pretty fun run to watch, and I'd recommend checking it out even if you usually skim past Final Fantasy in the schedule. It's a lot shorter than other main FF or crystal spin-off speedruns too.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

CVagts posted:

I echo this tweet from Yggdrizzle:

They really can't. :saddowns:

It's off to the side at a bad angle.

There's an E.Y.E. run starting shortly on the main stream. I have no idea what to expect from a run of E.Y.E., but I feel like it has the potential to be super broken.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Notch dropped 10k during the San Andreas run earlier this afternoon because that's what Notch does.

I hope everyone is watching Tompa run Wand of Gamelon on the second stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFs6VWJxbM0&t=90s

Closing ceremonies from the other day in case anyone missed it.

ESA was fun :neckbeard:

e: there's awkward dancing at the beginning too but I skipped over that for heartfelt words

• Locked thread