Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jason Sextro posted:

I'm a bit new to Ligue 1 - what's the difference between this year's Montpellier team and the won that won the league three years ago? How did that happen?

they sold all their good players and also have an insane owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Newcastle are supposedly after Gignac and someone high up at Marseille said he's being sold unless he takes a pay cut which is unlikely

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Vincent Labrune posted:

We would like to keep him, but it seems to me utopian to think that he will lower his salary to stay with us.

His agent is right to say that, with his current displays, he is more likely to get better offers.

But he loves the city and the club, so we’re going to talk.

Was in the local press today so who knows how well its translated

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You can always expect a meltdown whenever Bielsa is involved

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Swedish police found a live grenade at Ibrahimovic's house after he pissed off a bunch of animal rights campaigners by killing a moose while hunting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Just started watching on the english weblink. Who was that player they said was surprising Marseille were able to sign?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nice goal that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I missed the last 2 goals :smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't think jordan ayew has ever been considered a star player

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

Nice might turn out to be very good at rehabilitating head cases. If this works it'd be impressive.

nice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

He's now scored as many goals as he ever did for Liverpool, in all competitions.

http://i.imgur.com/CqUuU5N.mp4

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Booo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Multiple replays and j still haven't seen it since they never said where it happened

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

I don't know why Simeone would go to PSG though, it's a poo poo-show while Atletico seems pretty well-run.

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i thought ben arfa had gone back to nice but he hasn't which is a shame. him and balotelli on the same team would own

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cavani was given a massive bonus so that neymar could take penalties lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its great

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/23/neymar-arrogant-psg-marseille-ligue-1

quote:

Neymar proceeded to half-heartedly jog along behind his colleagues, barely following the example of his coaches, doing everything at his own, slow pace. According to L’Equipe, he also had a row with Emery at training later in the week.

A puerile onfield spat with Edinson Cavani over penalties and free-kicks during the win over Lyon last month reportedly had the Brazilian demanding that the club sell his team-mate. Silva and Marquinhos had to intervene before punches were thrown between the two men in the dressing room and Cavani was then supposedly offered a huge bonus to relinquish his penalty duties. Neymar eventually apologised for his childish behaviour but, when the next penalty was awarded, Neymar was anointed by Emery to take it.

Neymar’s individualistic nature is spreading, perhaps most worryingly to Mbappé. The 18-year-old also started the season in scintillating style but this consistency has evaporated in recent weeks; he is missing clear chances, trying to take on too many defenders and making poor decisions. This could be a nature product of his youth but, as Marquinhos noted, Neymar has a big influence on Mbappé. “Neymar knows how important he is for Kylian,” said Marquinhos. “As Messi was important for him and Ronaldinho was important for Messi.” It was an odd comparison to make considering Pep Guardiola famously let Ronaldinho leave Barcelona so he did not overly influence Messi with his playboy lifestyle.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at all of that but i'm surprised he didn't go back to Nice after Balotelli called him so we could see them both on the same team

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tuchel is the next psg manager to get sacked for failing in the champions league quarter finals

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol neymar going to have his worst professional season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nice meltdown

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Considering the damage to the scalp a hair transplant causes surely thats not done anywhere because they can't even use the guys own hair unless he just now looks like he's growing normal head hair on his beard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

I think he was trying to say he was at a press conference, and then got yelled at by the board, who presumably came up with this whole "co-manager" deal. Caen is a mess.

But they still beat Monaco, lol.

In other news, it sounds like Marseille might make a play for Rafa Benitez which could be fantastic news, especially if they're willing to work with him. Garcia is a bust, and I have no idea why he was hired in the first place. He won a league title with Lille, with Eden Hazard.

i don't like this

edit:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1113869426548465669

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1118185318904147968

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

phwoar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/otfbravo/status/1122219080184811520

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol that own goal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Post some pics of the stadium! I've never been, I'd like to see it. Also keep an eye out for Wanda Icardi.

See if you can steal her from him for maximum drama

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

remember when he got injured doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaUn6IaFalo&t=19s

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol tuchel saying 3rd sending off in the first 30m in the third match against st Etienne in a row

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Psg sacked tuchel and are going to hire pochettino

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Messi putting his mark on PSG

https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/status/1438840214743625731?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is insane and probably going to kill people

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1652261691827134464?t=R2T0C3aNCF4170BL3WFIYg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that and the sheer number of cops. the UEFA report into the CL final held in that stadium said it was basically luck that nobody got seriously injured/died because of the tactics the cops used