Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ronniegardocki posted:

psg are a joke club

I was in despair during the match yesterday, and today's has left me full of joyous laughter and glad tidings. May God bless this league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

rip to marseille

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

marseille's ligue 1 dreams appear to have died. again

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

perhaps not

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

every time marseille gently caress up royal the other title contenders stumble, which is both cool and the most ligue 1 thing that could possibly happen

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hahahahah marseille-caen is bonkers

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao literally every team i support is a squad of world-class bottlers

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

praise be to st. gignac

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jason Sextro posted:

time to anoint Diego Rolan to sainthood imo

*makes the sign of the cross* It is done.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

that's a hell of a non-apology apology

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

batshuayi will slot in nicely once st. gignac inevitably gets sold. i love every om player this day, even the terrible defenders

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

may god bless his chosen team on this most holy of weekends.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

praise be to st. gignac

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i still believe

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

those subs were mental, bielsa

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the marseille defense is already poor, weakening it to get both batshuyahi and gignac up front would have been worth it imo. ayew i can sort of understand but even then he's one of the best players and alessandrini is decidedly, not.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i do, however, still believe.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jason Sextro posted:

this season started out with so much promise before it has turned into the worst ever

welcome to ligue 1

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

where can i bet on marseille not getting any more points this season

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

and let's be honest, the defense wasn't great shakes before n'koulou got crocked

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

paris are scum

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

They are and this is deeply upsetting to me.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i look forward to following marseille with my hands over my eyes the entire season, occasionally moving them away only to wince like i've witnessed a massive train wreck, which i have.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

valbuena to be unveiled at lyon today, extra nails to be fitted on marseille's coffin accordingly

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i just don't know what to think anymore

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it's meaningless but this marseille-monaco game is absolutely nuts

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

they fire sale'd or regular sale'd their best players and got very little to fill the talent gap. they are really bad but so is everyone else in the league who isn't psg

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Panama Red posted:

Kind of a random thought, but isn't it profoundly hosed up how Jordan and Andre Ayew were once amazing stars for OM and now they're both languishing in the EPL with Aston Villa and Swansea City, respectively?

their betrayal has received swift karmic punishment

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

marseille are bossing this half so far which means it'll end up 1-3

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

in fairness it's not USUALLY this one-sided, though psg have won for the past few years

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Panama Red posted:

It's actually a testament to the hard work behind making PSG an elite European side and it's good that it's paid off. Not good for Ligue 1 fans, necessarily, but anything that makes Europe overall more competitive is not strictly a bad thing.

Glad to see Zlatan still playing at such a high level this late in his career. I hope he retires at PSG.

paris are scum

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm guessing they win the league by 35 points this year. emery will get his domestic trophy and i'll be very conflicted about it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bea Nanner posted:

psg getting owned is fun to watch

i'm a bit conflicted because i love unai emery and want him to succeed but then i remember he is in charge of psg

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

https://twitter.com/OM_Officiel/status/853713973165907968

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Quantumfate posted:

It's been a bit since I've been able to follow anything in Ligue 1, though I used to love Marseille. Can someone give me the rundown on the club at the moment? I caught today's match against Nice and am stoked again. I see that the club is without Batshuayi or Gignac, and Valbuena is now with Lyon. Ownership and coaching seems to have jumbled around some too. Who's who to know and what direction is this trash league taking the team?

new management seems interested in winning rather than fire saleing star players every season, payet and thauvin are back and doing ok (thauvin more than payet) and gomis is scoring the goals. new owner has said he's ready to put in 200 million euros to rebuild and if that happens monaco and psg could see some real competition for the title season after next

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

emery is getting sacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jason Sextro posted:

I know new management wants to but it remains to be seen how things are going to go - the one thing they desperately needed and need is a good defense, but instead they paid big money to bring back Payet. Which is nice in the sense that he never should have left to begin with, but that defense is wretched.

iirc louis-dreyfus said similar things when the league position started falling off a cliff so i am deeply skeptical, yeah

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 18, 2017