Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Stade de Rennais's popularity surprises me since FC Nantes has more titles.

I suppose it's not like Bretons are going to cheer for EA Guingamp though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

How are you watching this, anyway? Are you all French?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Method Mango posted:

PSG's defense is good for at least one complete disaster each match without Thiago Silva there

I thought paying a record sum for David Luiz would almost certainly patch over his absence

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

advanced statsman posted:

just google wiziwig and first row sports

found it, much appreciated - I've been looking for a long time.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

if Monaco signs Wayne Rooney as is rumoured they will managed the impressive feat of being even easier to hate than PSG

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Yeah if you don't want to invest more money in the club, paying the ludicrous sum he'd command would be a terrible way to do that.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm a bit new to Ligue 1 - what's the difference between this year's Montpellier team and the won that won the league three years ago? How did that happen?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

they sold all their good players and also have an insane owner

I looked him up and he owns a waste processing company, so in a sense he's literally a garbageman

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The president of the French football association told PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaïfi that he was "really sorry for this terrible arbitrage [he means referring of course]" after the Lens-PSG game

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Les-excuses-de-thiriez-a-nasser/508424

Paris are scum

We can look forward to a personal apology from Michel Platini when/if PSG fails to win the Champions League

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Can we expect future apologies to PSG any time one of their players gets red carded?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Carlos Eduardo has more goals than Zlatan

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lyon are having a great season so far. Today they beat European contenders (lol) Guingamp 3-1.

In less than 4 hours, PSG vs Marseille in Paris, mmmm.

Lopes having the season of his life.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bernard Tapie must be proud his club is still carrying on his legacy:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/18/marseille-president-custody-gignac-transfer-police

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jordan Ayew scored against Marseille and Nantes are losing to Toulouse. Tuesday football ftw

And somehow Lille tied PSG so Marseille is still on top.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Homework Explainer posted:

good god, a chance to widen the gap in a game against noted trashmen monaco and it just didn't happen lol

We'll see how PSG goes against Montpoolier

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Badger of Basra posted:

does this mean marseille is going to draw against lille

At best, yes - you can't have too many points up on PSG later in the season apparently

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I was in despair during the match yesterday, and today's has left me full of joyous laughter and glad tidings. May God bless this league.

It's been an amazing few weeks for haters of PSG, now St. Etienne is ahead of them too.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lyon 3-0 Toulouse

Lacazette's got another brace

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 11, 2015

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Forza Bastia!

If Bastia can beat PSG I'll be Calgary's first-ever Bastia plastic

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Method Mango posted:

PSG just got owned

Caen has stolen my heart on this Day of St. Valentine

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Yeah it's so weird and they are in National/CFA since forever

Red Star FC too iirc

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

one of the true joys of following ligue 1 really

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lmao literally every team i support is a squad of world-class bottlers

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I can't wait until Ayew and Gignac depart, and Marseille is left with noted excellent teammates Dimitri Payet and Florian Thauvin

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

in his name we pray, amen

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

time to anoint Diego Rolan to sainthood imo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

quote:

"In 15 years I've never seen a [good] referee in this s**t country," the Swede said. "It doesn't even deserve PSG. You're not playing with amateurs."

lol they gave your team of cloggers every chance to salvage a draw

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I lold, I hope Zlatan never leaves PSG

the world of football will be a much duller place without zlatan

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the irony is zlatan was right about the referees but not in the way he thinks

maybe they can start gifting him 3 penalty shots a game to make it up to him

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'd like to nominate Michy Batshuayi for sainthood as he becomes cool and good

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

he'll probably go to Dinamo, the repository for disgruntled out-of-contract ex-OMers

hell I bet Andre Ayew probably will too

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I think Marseille's biggest problem is that you can't have a two/three centre-back system when all of them are converted full-backs or defensive midfielders - I mean to be fair, maybe you can but not when one of them is Jeremy Morel. They needed N'Koulou back, really badly, and not just because of the own goal.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

this season started out with so much promise before it has turned into the worst ever

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ici c'est paris

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The dream is over for Marseille I guess

turns out I've been a fan of *checks table* Olympique Lyonnais all along

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

According to France Football, Marseille will sell Florian Thauvin out if they get a 'halfway decent' offer

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 24, 2015

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mans posted:

i haven't payed much attention to the french league this year but when did marseille's defense turn into wet noodles?

when their one non-wasteman centreback was away at AFCON and then got hurt, so Bielsa used two converted full-backs (or defensive midfielders) instead

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

that's what makes me mad about Bielsa's refusal to play Doria. I don't see how that could have made things worse - it's not like Romao is a centre-back either.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

For Marseille to live up to their ambitions they honestly need a complete overhaul imo - you can't build consistent success when the ultras run things like they do at Marseille (Labrune was an ultra and so was Anigo). They're stuck because Marguerite Louis-Dreyfus can't sell it while the ultras run rampant but she doesn't seem to have the willpower to force them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

this league is bullshit and garbage