Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

advanced statsman posted:

this league is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

L'Equipe named Divock Origi and Florian Thauvin to their worst team of the season lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I think deep down marquee players don't really like mostly-empty stadiums

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Homework Explainer posted:

i look forward to following marseille with my hands over my eyes the entire season, occasionally moving them away only to wince like i've witnessed a massive train wreck, which i have.

and then watch them offload as many attacking players as they can in the next summer transfer window

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

is marguerite going to sell the team and are the new owners going to fire everyone then, because that's probably what marseille needs

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I laughed when I saw a L'Equipe article pondering who would succeed Bielsa, leading with a picture of Jurgen Klopp. I don't see a coach of that tier coming to OM with the team as it is.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

poo poo Farm posted:

klopp's been found out as poo poo

I suppose Lewandowski and Marco Reus can hide all manner of sins. Still, he has a CL final appearance. It's less that he's a 'good' coach and more that he has prestige, kinda like Rafa Benitez I would guess.

I still wish we hadn't driven off Deschamps but he's not likely to come back anytime soon.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Michel for Coach of the Year

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Maybe Kevin Trapp can speak Portuguese?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ben Arfa has been really good, and Deschamps has actually been watching him for inclusion in the national team. It's quite a world we live in.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/marseille-turned-down-the-chance-to-sign-riyad-mahrez-last-january/

Vincent Labrune has once again shown himself to be a canny football executive.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

their betrayal has received swift karmic punishment

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Allegedly Marseille is in talks with Newcastle to bring black Florian "Worst Winger of the 2014-15 Season" Thauvin

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Rumours abound that Marguerite Louis-Dreyfus has put OM up for sale. If it finally means punting the board and president I'm all for it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

If rumours are correct, the asking price is 100 million Euros. Given their history and popularity I have to imagine there will be a fair amount of interest, but I suppose we'll see.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

I don't know if the club owns the stadium or not, but it's also pretty desirable considering the recent updates.

Definitely - although I believe the city of Marseille owns the Velodrome. If I recall, most French cities still own the stadiums although I think that's started to change. I think that it's still, overall, the most popular team in France so that's a definite bonus. They also, this season, finally forced the ultras to relinquish their control of season-ticket allotments and percentages of gate receipts, so that has to help too.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

marseille are bossing this half so far which means it'll end up 1-3

you weren't far off in the end

sell the team and tar and feather labrune

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

it's not even like the money's not there, the tycoon who owns Stade Rennais has more money than anyone in soccer outside of QSI or Sheik Mansour

anyway, I sure am glad to see Ligue 1's complete devolution to the standard of the SPL

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Rumour has it Marseille has contacted Jorge Sampaoli. I guess if you've burned the Marcelo Bielsa bridge, the next best thing is a natural second choice. It's not like they could pry Pocchetino away from Tottenham.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Method Mango posted:

Good for Zlatan. Should be a nice step up in competition from Ligue 1.

more than just about anyone, he'll bail the moment they don't pay him

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

What a dreadful season

Maybe PSG won't run away with the title next year if Cavani and Ibrahimovic are both gone

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

France Football is reporting that Marseille has a buyer and he is bringing Marcelo "quit after two days with Lazio" Bielsa back

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PSG had problems with Bastia, too, even though they won. Might actually be an interesting season this year*

*PSG will win the league by 10 points, not 30

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Balotelli has scored a penalty on his debut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ftjIVjjZ0

E: and then he scored another on a header. Not a bad start.

Nice might turn out to be very good at rehabilitating head cases. If this works it'd be impressive.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

pik_d posted:

He's now scored as many goals as he ever did for Liverpool, in all competitions.

does this make Nice better than Liverpool

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

psg getting owned is fun to watch

by Toulouse, of all teams

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

i'm a bit conflicted because i love unai emery and want him to succeed but then i remember he is in charge of psg

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Toulouse is starting to look like France's Leicester this year

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

I thought Leicester was England's 2012 Montpellier

I never would have thought that Montpellier would be the last team to win the Ligue 1 before PSG wins it from now until the end of time

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Balotelli is back after missing a couple of weeks due to an injury, and scored a nice goal

https://twitter.com/laminfootball/status/792739348949204992/video/1

Balo is cool and good and owns imo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

PSG melting down as soon as Zlatan left is one of my favourite things about this season. Might actually make Ligue 1 worth watching

Falcao somehow resurrected himself from being perma-crock too

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Mario's got two so far today :getin:

he's been doing great, I couldn't be happier even if I'm not at all a Nice fan.

In other news, apparently PSG's sporting director wants to replace Unai Emery with Louis van Gaal. I hope he does.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Phwoar I'm glad I'm a longstanding fan of my best team, OGC Nice.

I misspoke, I've always been a fan of *checks Wikipedia* Les Aiglons, and such luminaries as...Hatem Ben Arfa, and Hugo Lloris.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Here's something I never thought I'd say: This is an excellent Florian Thauvin goal

http://www.ligue1.com/video/81968/but?idEvt=425140

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Method Mango posted:

Ben Arfa single handedly made Nice good and destroyed PSG in consecutive seasons and should be elected president.

hell, same - glad to see another former OM player come good

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I take back everything bad I said about Rudi Garcia - he's made OM look really good in his tenure, considering all their stars from two years ago are gone.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

finally, Ibra's been replaced

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Method Mango posted:

Monaco is easily beating Nice 3-0. That's nice because it means PSG won't get any closer to 1st, but it's also not nice because PSG will probably move into 2nd later today.

well, Nice maybe winning the title was a fun thought for the first half of the season but at this point I'll be ok with anyone except PSG winning, even if it is Monaco

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Is big Mario Balotelli still doing well for my best team, OGC Nice?

still stuck at 9 goals sadly, behind such megastars as Bafetimbi Gomis and Ivan Santini. But he'll come good at the end, he will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Some things never change

he got sent off again today