Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I keep getting confused and thinking PoE means Path of Exile but I'm pretty sure this game won't ask me to put a bunch of skillpoints in a gigantic sphere grid where everything is "+0.0001% damage with double-edged broadswords" and call it a deep combat system, so hopefully that'll go away

Also what are the odds of a Minsc/Boo reference showing up in the first hour? I'm actually guessing pretty low considering Bioware isn't making this game

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i haven't paid any attention to this game even though i kickstarted it, i am hoping to be surprised so i haven't looked at any videos are pictures or articles. want to just dive in.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i haven't paid any attention to this game even though i kickstarted it, i am hoping to be surprised so i haven't looked at any videos are pictures or articles. want to just dive in.

same

looking forward to this dndesque game that isnt horribly outdated

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Noun Verber posted:

gently caress anime.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
gently caress! Baldur's Gate.
gently caress Baldur's! Gate.
gently caress Baldrur's Gate!

I still haven't finished BGII after 7 attempts. Last try got as far as the dungeon under Spellhold :(

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

why did they need millions of dollars and years of development to make a twenty year old game

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I want this game to have honest-to-god video game romance subplots, but only because I want Obsidian to completely trounce Bioware in yet another category

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

I want this game to have honest-to-god video game romance subplots, but only because I want Obsidian to completely trounce Bioware in yet another category

i think rope kid killed this idea fairly early

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Thank god

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

The Taint Reaper posted:

Never back kickstarter or pay for early access no matter how good you think the game is.

Even in this hour of temptation you must resist, because remember kerbal Space Program still isn't finished after all these years and that's considered the poster child for crowd funding.

You're wrong.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Never back kickstarter or pay for early access no matter how good you think the game is.

Even in this hour of temptation you must resist, because remember kerbal Space Program still isn't finished after all these years and that's considered the poster child for crowd funding.

how can you always be so wrong with your pinions

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Comstar posted:

I still haven't finished BGII after 7 attempts. Last try got as far as the dungeon under Spellhold :(

The trick is to never stop playing until you got to the end.

Stopping, taking a break for a few days and so forth will make you forget about it and then you'll never come back to it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Comstar posted:

gently caress! Baldur's Gate.
gently caress Baldur's! Gate.
gently caress Baldrur's Gate!

I never finished because I get stuck at the one dragon fight you have to win and idk what the gently caress to do about it.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

DrManiac posted:

I never finished because I get stuck at the one dragon fight you have to win and idk what the gently caress to do about it.

have you tried winning

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

DrManiac posted:

try clicking on your mans and then clicking those mans on the dragon and maybe they will kill it

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

DrManiac posted:

if you have like 20 charisma you can actually convince that dragon to eat aerie as a sacrifice and then it flies away.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Remember folks, you can still get in the August 18 Backer Beta for only 25 bucks.

How.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I forget exactly but i think what I did was go here http://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/tiers select whatever package, go to the next step, add the beta key addon, go to the next step, then hit back twice and remove the base package, then go forward and it still kept the beta key addon.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Oh no that doesnt work how about this: go straight to http://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/addons and just add the beta key and hit next.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
That doesnt give you anything but beta access, mind.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Also if you do that you can buy a regualr key of the game for 25 lol. Without having pledged at all before. I dunno if they're gonna honor it but I mean, if they didn't it'd be hosed up since they done took your money.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I mean I assume, it might be letting me do it cuz I already bought it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks, Ragg.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Also if you do that you can buy a regualr key of the game for 25 lol. Without having pledged at all before. I dunno if they're gonna honor it but I mean, if they didn't it'd be hosed up since they done took your money.

How does this work?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How does this work?

Same link as i posted before and just add the extra digital download for 25.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Lmao.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wanna play this game.

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

lol

Dec 26, 2012

yeah this looks to be shaping up pretty well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

keep trying buddy, you'll reap that taint someday

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Man, more than anything I just hope this game has magic that's actually interesting. I want to cast poo poo like Horror and Polymorph Self/Other and Sticks to Snakes and weird abjuration/anti-abjuration stuff like in BG2, not "damage one guy" "damage one guy harder" "damage multiple guys" like every other fuckin RPG (Dragon Age)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

(Dragon Age)

The official Imp name for this is actually Fagon Gayge. Source: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653570&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post432743823

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Fagon Gayge: Borigins or Snorigins?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Whorigins.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I think until someone challenges you in the official thread on the matter, it's Borigins.

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

snorigins imo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

why do people even like the forgotten realms

Dec 26, 2012

fr is nice in tabletop because no matter what retard thing your players do you have reams of material to bounce back with and riff off of. note that this only works if you dont have that guy who memorizes the entire sourcebook

in a video game i have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
People want bland Tolkien-esque fantasy and not bullshit anime steampunk crap.

See also: The Elder Scrolls

• Locked thread