Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
I'm not a medic so I can't help much wrt good accommodation, but if by 'medical campus' you mean Addenbrooke's it's so far out of the way that I imagine you'll probably have to compromise. E.g. on walking to work, all the physicists I know use bikes and the physics labs are significantly closer to the city centre than Addenbrooke's. Depending on your idea of 'walking distance', you'd basically have to be away from the centre and isolated from the rest of the university almost by definition. I don't know how representative they are but I've met quite a few medic postgrads who opt to live in the city centre and just commute to Addenbrooke's.

By all accounts the Cambridge nightlife is ... not great, at least compared to other universities (though I'm not a party person so I'm not one to judge). Most clubs do do R&B and hip-hop, though, I think -- I know Fez and Cindies (Ballare) do -- but generally mixed in with other stuff.

Travel to and from London is easy and I've gone for nights out in London plenty of times. Trains go to and from King's Cross and a return ticket there is £16, travelcard £22.

As far as whiteness goes I think the university itself is reasonably diverse by UK standards, especially at postgrad level -- though if you're from America that probably doesn't count for much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread