Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I was going to do my favorite thing when MRAs come up and grab whatever the current "top all time" posts on /r/mensrights are, as a laughable parade of blindly hating feminism and disparaging women, but today everything seemed to be fairly mundane MRA stuff.

So, yay for not being as incredibly awful as usual, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MegaZeroX posted:

I'm not saying that feminists say its OK for women to hit men, but rather that they don't seem eager to try to get rid of the stereotype. Like, why don't feminists make a campaign telling parents there sons to not hit either gender, rather than just "don't hit girls." The point for the list was more to illustrate that they need to work on both sides of the equation if we want to move toward equality.

That's not any feminist campaign I can locate using my google search. It's certainly a meme propagated through our popular culture, and one of the more transparently enforced gender roles.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah, this has really become a beat on MegaZeroX thread, but dude, there are self identified feminsts who do these things, but the academic idea has never been mired in this kinda pro-gender role stuff.

Now what has happened in some totally serious, studied circles, is feminists making GBS threads all over trans people for trying to "take" a gender role they see as fictional. Those people are awful.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I'll do you one better, a site that documents them.

http://theterfs.com/terf-hate-sites/

• Locked thread