Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Satone
Feb 10, 2007
Good to the last drop
Lucy is a random university student, in a random asian country, Taiwan maybe? I don't loving know, who is randomly injected into a smuggling operation for a new mind expanding drug being slipped into Europe. Things go wrong, yada, yada, yada and Scarlett Johannson ends up becoming an all powerful super goddess. The film takes what Limitless started with (remember that old thoroughly disproven adage about how humans only use 10% of their brains? This ENTIRE movie is based off that one crap line) and shits all over it. The difference? Where Limitless still remained grounded in reality, Lucy has the protagonist flinging people around with telekinsis, changing her hair color/length on the fly, and scaring drug dogs shitless by looking at them. In short reality took a loving smoke with this movie, then decided to just get high instead.

She spends the first 10 to 15 minutes crying and whining about the situation she's been thrust into and from that point on all semblance of being able to act is GONE. She spends most of the movie (aside from one point where she calls her mother up to tell her she loves her), as an ice cold death machine, dispensing fury and poorly delivered tidbits of musing philosophy in equal parts emotionless. Speaking of ice cold, she kills pretty much anyone even slightly in her way, for no reason. At one point she shoots a patient on a table in a hospital then explains to the doctors why they weren't gonna be able to save the patient anyway. I'm finding it difficult to even guess at a protagonist from a movie I like less than this chick.

Did I mention this bitch walks through this movie like she phoned it in from the studio parking lot? Holy hell. Do you remember that godawful remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, that Keanu Reeves was so loving perfect in because it only required the lead star to display no loving emotions whatsoever:

Director: "Just stand here and say your lines, then get paid and go home."
Keanu Reeves: "Ok boss."

That is this movie x10. Not a total disppointment, some of the effects are kinda cool, I guess, but definitely not one I would waste money again or would have to begin with if I had known. On the plus side, if there is one, the car chase scene where she flips cars and probably kills alot of people wasn't bad as car chases go.

Satone fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU