Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Fuligin posted:

Yeah well this is sort of the thing, it's not that it's some sort of giant revolutionary step forward in console FPS's, it just happens to be insanely polished and have a really good "feel"*, which you can't really get across just by describing its basic formula. I was skeptical until I played the alpha.

yeah it's yet another fps but it's a very, very nice fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Megafunk posted:

I do not understand why this game is getting so much positivity, all I can see is halo borderlands which is ok and I would probably play it but come on. The concept art is cool though.

its basically borderlands without the bad parts

its a shame its not on pc tho i think bungie should have cut last gen support and made a pc version

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Oh rats I wanted to be the one to say that Peter Dinklage was in this.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Space Hamlet posted:

i'll make a thread about Myth

edit: myth fuckin owned

This is a valid point, I was mainly considering FPSes, I wasn't even really counting Oni. Myth and Myth 2 were just super dope. I have the soundtrack on CD somewhere.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

ok, but it has a lot of stupid poo poo in it. for instance, you navigate the menu with a loving cursor. it's a loving console game, why the gently caress does it have a cursor? the UI is basically a few steps from being this:

and the characters are nonexistant. Literally the only two people you ever talk to in the beta that have more than one line are emotionless robots.

Dont see "press triangle to call Lian Xing" anywhere in that shot

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Oh rats I wanted to be the one to say that Peter Dinklage was in this.

Lena Headey does a lot of game stuff, you'll get your chance.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

lol

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
why oh why do these motherfuckers keep making games in 30 fps. are you telling me that these next gen console things cannot handle 60 fps at all? why make a console that doesn't have good graphics?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

SunAndSpring posted:

why oh why do these motherfuckers keep making games in 30 fps. are you telling me that these next gen console things cannot handle 60 fps at all? why make a console that doesn't have good graphics?

mostly because they keep making money selling bullshit to idiots

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

a lot of these early gen games started development on older consoles so theyre not very well optimized but i agree

plus arent bungie games like always 30fps

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
can sony make a button that reminds bonerowners that they're playing 30 frames per second every time i press it

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

matrix ripoff posted:

can sony make a button that reminds bonerowners that they're playing 30 frames per second every time i press it

ps4 version is 30fps too :(

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

ps4 version is 30fps too :(

but but but 30fps is bad and bad things are only xbone the ps4 is perfect

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i swear to loving god i'll pull out my system specs and point out where the numbers are bigger and thus better than the bone

i'll loving do it

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
like those one motherfuckers who made that one game the Order 18something something. They think 30fps is "cinematic". Bitch am I in a loving cinema when I'm playing your gay game.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

heh, hope xbone owners like playing the game at 30fps :smug:

*game runs the same on both consoles*

who cares about fps?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

SunAndSpring posted:

like those one motherfuckers who made that one game the Order 18something something. They think 30fps is "cinematic". Bitch am I in a loving cinema when I'm playing your gay game.

that game looks like stupid bullshit anyways

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
*61 fps becomes the new standard* ugh god your feeble human eyes can't even tell the difference past 60 frames who gives a poo poo

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

heh, hope xbone owners like playing the game at 30fps :smug:

*game runs the same on both consoles*

who cares about fps?

its uglier on the bone to be fair.

its still a fairly fun game on both consoles. maybe not worth a preorder but cool with friends

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

its still a fairly fun game on both consoles

I disagree

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
yeah i don't see myself getting this game at launch, but the beta's been pretty swell. it's basically a demo and you rarely get those these days

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

im a really big fan of the beta and im sad that i missed my chance to buy one of the stupidly expensive editions on amazon

it just feels like a really chill game with cool atmosphere and good rpg stuff. its basically what i wanted borderlands to be all along

program666
Aug 22, 2013

matrix ripoff posted:

i swear to loving god i'll pull out my system specs and point out where the numbers are bigger and thus better than the bone

i'll loving do it

There is a thread for this already

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

its uglier on the bone to be fair.
It's almost the same thing on the PS4, xbone or even PS3

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

don't worry op it won't be

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

before I played the beta I was like halo borderlands lol but after playing the beta they got a ton of poo poo right in the game mechanics and level design. it's gonna be a much better game than borderlands and that's the kind of stuff you really show off before people actually play the game

so good job on the beta bungie you sold me a copy of your vidgame that I was laughing at last week

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
destiny is fun but man aiming is no fun

i just melee fools cause gently caress aiming

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

deadwing posted:

before I played the beta I was like halo borderlands lol but after playing the beta they got a ton of poo poo right in the game mechanics and level design. it's gonna be a much better game than borderlands and that's the kind of stuff you really show off before people actually play the game

so good job on the beta bungie you sold me a copy of your vidgame that I was laughing at last week

i really like exploring the earth and moon levels they are hella cool

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

deadwing posted:

I don't see it on steam how do I buy it

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
well beta's over. fun for free, but I doubt I'll buy a game where there's no loving story or plot to be found beyond "Shoot space aliens. They hate you for no reason." At least Halo told me what the gently caress was going on with the Covenant and why they nuked humans all the loving time.

And the PVP is atrocious. Why the gently caress would you ever let anyone spawn with a loving sniper rifle or shotgun that can kill people in one hit.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

well beta's over. fun for free, but I doubt I'll buy a game where there's no loving story or plot to be found beyond "Shoot space aliens. They hate you for no reason." At least Halo told me what the gently caress was going on with the Covenant and why they nuked humans all the loving time.

Book Barn would be more of your liking if you care that much about story

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

qnqnx posted:

Book Barn would be more of your liking if you care that much about story

haha yeah gently caress those guys who like good writing, why don't you go read a book, fag

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Game Narratives Are A Waste Of Time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Make more game, instead of more story.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I, too, would prefer if all games were about grey squares bumping into each other

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

And the PVP is atrocious. Why the gently caress would you ever let anyone spawn with a loving sniper rifle or shotgun that can kill people in one hit.

but there is a story? i'm a little confused by your post

plus both of those weapon types you listed have drawbacks that keep them from being overly dominant. most of the kills in pvp come from the main weapons anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Destiny is a giant fail because its for the xbox one, and no amount of alien story or grey blocks hitting each other will fix that

• Locked thread