Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jromano
Sep 24, 2007
I installed Ubuntu on my AMD APU laptop after being on Windows for a while. Had a couple issues:

-Wouldn't autoboot the EFI image. I needed to move it to a different directory and rename it. Seems like a bug with the HP bios more than anything though.

-MS fonts failed during the restricted extras install. I needed to do a manual reinstall from terminal so I could accept the EULA.

Overall, I'm fairly impressed so far. Best Linux experience yet by miles. It's nice having Steam support and the open source AMD driver is actually pretty decent now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jromano
Sep 24, 2007
Just noticed that Flash performance is very poor on Firefox with my A10-4600m APU. Wondering if this is an adobe or driver problem? Hopefully easily fixable.

• Locked thread