Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

xthnru posted:

Thanks, despite the vague question those were the kind of answers I was looking for (less so on the Arch Linux, that poo poo looks too terrifying for me at my current experience level).

You can give this book a try, too: http://www.linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php

Creative commons licensed so you can download the digital version right off the site for free (in the future it might be nice to have a printed copy for skimming/easy reference).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

YouTuber posted:

What is the deal with Ubuntu Touch? Has that project been silently dropped? There seems to be absolutely no amateur dev scene around it. XDA has people making lovely roms for almost every device and this seems like it would be equally suited to that scene.

Still happening. Over the past year a handful of phones were released (I don't think any in the US). I don't necessarily see why an Ubuntu phone would benefit from custom roms, and it's possible that any amateur development is happening as code submitted to the official Ubuntu project.

• Locked thread