Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pyonium
Apr 24, 2016

YouTuber posted:

So I just switched from Arch to Ubuntu to try out Unity for a bit. How is this done? When I move windows from the left to right monitor they keep getting caught on the edge and try maximizing. I'd prefer the dock on the bottom/top.

There's the sticky windows options under System Settings > Display that should disable the maximizing behavior.

For changing the dock, the command
code:
gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Launcher launcher-position Bottom (or Top/Left/Right)
should do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyonium
Apr 24, 2016

G-Prime posted:

I'm loving 16.04 (and previously 15.10) with Cinnamon on my MacBook Pro from work. Cinnamon is the only DE I've found that sanely handles the resolution. It's pretty nice, really.

I'm surprised, honestly, considering Cinnamon uses X11, which wasn't really meant for HiDPI. How do common applications like for example LibreOffice or firefox fare? I don't really have a high res display to test it out.

• Locked thread