Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Is anyone else streaming over Steam with Ubuntu as a client? I have Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 on the client machine running on my old Gigabyte motherboard with a Phenom II X2. I'm using the onboard video (4250 I think) which runs HD video just fine but the sound using Steam streaming over HDMI is very noisy - not in an overloaded way but almost more like aliasing noise. I've poked around and it seems the only way people have gotten around this is to use the analog stereo outs on their computer. Has anyone had any luck fixing the HDMI issue or is that so new that it's still being pinned down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread