Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

100 MOB PSYCHO

From the man who brought you ONE PUNCH MAN and by association its EXTREMELY GORGEOUS REDRAWN VERSION comes 100 MOB PSYCHO. We decided to make it its own thread so that people could find it without risking spoilers for Onepunch-Man if they want to stick to Murata's extremely gorgeous redrawn version.

What the gently caress is this ugly rear end thing you may be asking. It's great is what it is. ONE's art leaves something to be desired but his characters are top notch. 100 Mob Psycho is the story of the titular Mob, AKA Shigeo, a psychically gifted boy in the springtime of his youth as he battles weird monsters and weird jerks alike. Mostly weird jerks.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

MOB aka SHIGEO

TSUBOMI, a girl that Mob has a crush on.

The TELEPATHY CLUB, a group of students who seek to gain the powers of telepathy.

REIGEN, Mob's mentor/employer, AKA the best drat character in the series

Evil spirit CEILING CHALLENGER! Who is he? What does he want?

Read it on Kissmanga or Batoto or whatever reader you prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mob psycho is better than one punch man

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I can definitely vouch for Mob Psycho.

Its got that undeniable ONE charm and actually manages to be funny.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It also handles typical shonen fighting in an adult manner

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Terror Sweat posted:

I like One Punch Man, but yeah. This is true..

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Holy poo poo that's like saying that this is better than the best thing ever, definitely going to give this a read.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

e:

vvvv Haha Okay ill edit them out then.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 26, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

We made a conscious decision to exclude those guys from the OP so they can be a surprise actually :v:

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I've been waiting for someone to post this thread. It's a great series, though translations have slowed down in the past few weeks

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

pinegala posted:

I've been waiting for someone to post this thread. It's a great series, though translations have slowed down in the past few weeks

That's largely because the translators caught up to the latest release. So now it's a weekly wait or so.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Everybody who likes OPM should read Mob Psycho.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Nahxela posted:

Everybody who likes OPM should read Mob Psycho.

Everybody who likes fun should read Mob Psycho.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It is very good, read it

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Reigen really is the best character. 100 Mob Psycho has great humor, but it also conveys sincere messages/feelings at the right moments.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Started reading yesterday, up to chapter 56 now, and Reigen is easily the best character in this series. :allears:

I really like how, while One Punch Man is a parody of the typical shounen fighting series, Mob Psycho is more of a satire, so while they both do functionally the same thing with very similar premises, they still manage to maintain their own identities and tone. You can tell ONE really has a lot to say about shounen manga, at least.

It's hard to call one "better" then the other, though, if only because neither one is finished, and they're both being worked on at the same time so that's a tough argument to make.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mob has better bros, so it is better

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Mob has better bros, so it is better

Mob has Reigen, Mob is better. QED

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Finished reading up to the latest chapter. He brought the kitten back :unsmith:.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Hell yes, about time this got a thread.

There was a certain point where it dragged a little, seeming a bit more like a standard shounen thing with ONE art (when they get kidnapped by that psychic group), but then Reigen arrived on the scene and everything was good again. Best Character.

EDIT: Wow, that last chapter. Where are the muscles that you trained?

advokat fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 27, 2014

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

yessss i've been waiting for a thread for a while now, it really is on par with OPM for me

Also new chapter: 99% without getting crazy? drat

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Started reading yesterday, up to chapter 56 now, and Reigen is easily the best character in this series. :allears:

I really like how, while One Punch Man is a parody of the typical shounen fighting series, Mob Psycho is more of a satire, so while they both do functionally the same thing with very similar premises, they still manage to maintain their own identities and tone. You can tell ONE really has a lot to say about shounen manga, at least.

It's hard to call one "better" then the other, though, if only because neither one is finished, and they're both being worked on at the same time so that's a tough argument to make.

You should also check out Makai no Ossan / Old Man of the Underworld. It's ONE's (finished) slice of life gag comic about a family of demons and their businessman father.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

advokat posted:

Hell yes, about time this got a thread.

There was a certain point where it dragged a little, seeming a bit more like a standard shounen thing with ONE art (when they get kidnapped by that psychic group), but then Reigen arrived on the scene and everything was good again. Best Character.

EDIT: Wow, that last chapter. Where are the muscles that you trained?
I eagerly await the next instance of 1000% Reigen

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

How regularly does this manga update? I just caught up and I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what happens next.

Also, What happened to the curse that was placed on Reigen? Has that been forgotten about, or has it yet come into to play?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

JetpackHowwy posted:

How regularly does this manga update? I just caught up and I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what happens next.

Also, What happened to the curse that was placed on Reigen? Has that been forgotten about, or has it yet come into to play?

3 times a month.
Dimple probably ate it

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
This new chapter. So good. ONE is amazing at finding the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Thread Killer
May 14, 2009
I'm caught up on this manga and I'm really enjoying it. I think Reigen 1000% was the some of the most fun I've had reading manga. Thanks for making this thread, otherwise I'd have missed this gem.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yessssss.
Some catharsis. Finally.

The last few chapters were just downright horrible to Mob.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Holy gently caress the newest chapters have been great. 100% Courage Mob is outstanding

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 12, 2014

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

The Fresh Prince posted:

Holy gently caress the newest chapters have been great. 100% Courage Mob is outstanding

I love how much Mob seems to have grown personally as a result of this arc.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Zerilan posted:

I love how much Mob seems to have grown personally as a result of this arc.

Seriously. He's quite the protagonist.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Looks like a few chapters got missed, but here is the latest.

Reigen went into full dick mode this chapter

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Somehow, I feel like XXXX-kun is the real psycho helmet.

Gothmog1065 posted:

Looks like a few chapters got missed, but here is the latest.

Reigen went into full dick mode this chapter

And yeah.
His usual exploitation of Mob went a bit too far. He's really taking him for granted.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The body improvement club are so great. :3:

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Somehow, I feel like XXXX-kun is the real psycho helmet.

And yeah.
His usual exploitation of Mob went a bit too far. He's really taking him for granted.

That, and I have a feeling Mob is starting to come into his own, is starting to have friends and a life rather than just be a loner with no backbone, which isn't what Reigan is used to

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Just got to Reigen vs. the Devourer. Reigen has a solution for every situation, doesn't he?

EDIT: Even the one he got himself into now... probably.

advokat fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 10, 2014

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is this available online free in Japanese like Onepunchman?

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Apocron posted:

Is this available online free in Japanese like Onepunchman?

Yes.

http://urasunday.com/mobupsycho100/index.html

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat this really is great so far, even the lovely art is starting to grow on me

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

come on. It isnt lovely.
Its perfect for the series.

Also ONE is actually really good since he has a mastery of good composition. All Murata had to do was pretty much add detail and better drawing to Onepunchman. Its almost a Frame for Frame trace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

come on. It isnt lovely.
Its perfect for the series.

Also ONE is actually really good since he has a mastery of good composition. All Murata had to do was pretty much add detail and better drawing to Onepunchman. Its almost a Frame for Frame trace.

Being good at composition does not mean his art is good. Saying it is perfect for this series is really weird too, like you are reaching for some way to defend it but can't.