Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Action scenes nothing, I just want to see Reigen selling snake oil to chumps with weird faces. I would be 100% happy to watch a series that is nothing but that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

For real though the sneak peeks of the action scenes do look real cool.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This, this right here, is why I read this manga.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

My god, the style perfect.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think it's okay to share this image in the anime thread?

100%

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tiistai posted:

This is amazing though:

holy moley

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like to think that they'll make it so Reigen is doing the high pitched barks like Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's cool to see confirmation Tsubomi has more going on than we have been shown so far. Makes me think she really was proud of Mob when he was kind to that girl who dated him on a bet, and pays attention to his life and cares about him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He's kind of a bad person, but he's not an evil person.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh noooo! That's such a cliffhanger!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

theGrooseofLegend posted:

:ohdear: I hope Dimple and Mob both make it out. Please don't sacrifice yourself Dimple.

I'm gonna be real mad at ONE if does this, because it seems so clearly telegraphed by the situation. But I'll also super sad.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://twitter.com/Unseriousguy/status/811355006414647296

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Asimo posted:

I can't believe Dimple is loving dead.

This but literally. I do not believe.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What the heck is going on in the omake chapters??

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This feels much higher stakes than any spirit or esper battle!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Inflammatory posted:

there was that arc where the girl asked mob out cause she lost a bet and he was super nice and understanding about it and at the end it showed tsubomi had seen it and was like "good job mob" so i think our boy has a chance.

My guess is they are going to have a very nice conversation and our boy Mob is going to grow as a person and maybe truly make friends with Tsubomi, but somehow I doubt they gonna date or something.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

is this really the kind of story this is?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Our boy Mob has been doing a lot of body improvement. . . Maybe he will pull through.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Raws are out.

There's not much text, so I'd go ahead and look at them anyways.

I don't like where this is going...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm glad that Sakurai observes proper hygiene when it comes to tongs.

Also, geez. These chapters just aren't going to get easier, huh.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mabels big day posted:

Place your bets people. Who's gonna get mob back to his senses.

Body improvement club? Reigen? Tsubomi? or someone else.

His brother.

You know, his brother came to hate him because he was afraid of this hidden and uncontrolled side of him. Now, even though he's awakened to psychic powers, they are completely useless against something so powerful. It'd be pretty dramatic if he was the one to have the final confrontation with his brother, right before meeting Tsubomi, so he can come to his senses just in time to fulfill his promise to meet her, probably to get rejectecd softly but given a very sincere conversation with.

...but really there's a lot of directions this climax could go in depending on who is the final confrontation.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if Toshiki likes plants these days.

Also, I continue to be very upset about everything that is happening in this manga. It's such an interesting set of stakes, though!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr. Unlucky posted:

so is the only subversive thing that he doesnt get the girl because thats totally expected at this point and just lame

what is this final boss fight poo poo? for a series that went on about not being special and all that for so long it's been pretty typical anime poo poo the whole way through anyway

it would be kind of interesting if the whole romance thing just kind of got brushed aside because Mob became such a natural disaster.

like, what if the resolution of the series is, Mob now has much bigger things to worry about than a romance because he was responsible for causing a typhoon's worth of damage? in a sense, that seems like that would be a much, much bigger life event than some measly romance.

except this is a manga and there are probably many ways that such a cartoonish kind of destruction can be dismissed in favor of much more lighthearted dramas for mob to worry about, like being softly rejected. and I think ONE is fun enough of a storytellerr that it will be fun anyways, even if it isn't necessarily revolutionary

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

http://eyedelater.tumblr.com/post/164598231122/mob-psycho-100-chapter-1009

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's interesting because in these kinda of stories where a psychic protagonist comes to term with the 'evil' inside them or whatever, they usually get a big power boost to deal with some external evil, like Ness in Earthbound or the Persona 4 cast. Mob really isn't that kind of hero, and there isn't that kind of villain in this story. I wonder what ONE is planning to be the consequences of this problem being resolved.

I guess if it means his powers are neutralized, his hard work to manage without them will pay off, but that would also clash with the messaging that maybe Mob can live an OK life without suppressing his power. Maybe he opens a Reigen style business?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hey, hey guys, mob is doing an emotion without it being a 100 percent pent up thing

He's growing up!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

CharlestonJew posted:

I thought he made good money off OPM?

Seems like that hasn't stopped manga artists from overworking themselves in the past. Like, Oda has to have been megarich from One Piece even a decade ago, but he still has an insane schedule

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

All good things must come to an end. Or else they start to become increasingly mediocre things. I respect ONE for ending the series at such a high point.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

This will be the second manga I see end naturally.

I hope that despite it ending he keeps.making 4 panel comics about it.

Yeah, it would be fun if he revisits MP100 very occasionally with strips or short one shots.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i want to hold hands with arataka reigen-sama

back off bithc he's mine

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I was prepared to be satisfied with a season 2 that was even half as good as season 1.

I was not expecting this show to kick it up a notch. that preview seems to suggest that's what is coming up

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

smooth

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

a cartoon duck posted:

Was the stalker part of the episode anime-original or taken from later in the manga? I don't remember that being part of the build-up to the exorcism arc.

I believe it's out of sequence, but it's definitely in the manga

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

man, serizawa really wised up, didnt he

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Aww man! I'll be sad if this is the end of the adventures in the MP100 world, but it's better to have too little of a good thing than for a good thing to drag out long enough to become a chore.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Here's hoping they don't give season 3 the OPM Season 2 treatment.

I get the sense MP100 is more popular in Japan anyway.

Edit oh wait you are referring to the yokai thing. I wonder, will there really be no follow up MP100 anime seasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Besides, ONE has not shown himself to have a deft hand at writing gay characters.