Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Just saw speculation that Reigen is ambiguously gay and dating the new psychic, which would be super sweet and in-character. Not being direct about that makes a ton of sense with my *stereotypical* understanding of Japan. I have no evidence that 2020s Japan is *actually* conservative over acknowledging public homosexual relationships & LGBTQ in general, but it wouldn't surprise me

If this is a widely known thing online, then I can add it wasn't clear from the outside. None of my friends (publicly) made that connection either, though none of the ones who've seen MP100 are gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I admit I don't know anything about gay relationships, in Japan or the US, and you can't explain away workplace abuse if that's happening

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I regret saying anything, and I honestly didn't think about the employer/employee angle of the relationship. It felt more like an autistic-coded person bonding with a charismatic social person, something I know more about

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

They ain't dating, reigens just giving the guy structure and guidance

Yeah, I deeply regret drunkposting that because it's cringe and not supported at all

However, that comment about him having the brain of a child was insulting as hell. Dude was a hikikomori ie mentally unwell