Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Started reading yesterday, up to chapter 56 now, and Reigen is easily the best character in this series. :allears:

I really like how, while One Punch Man is a parody of the typical shounen fighting series, Mob Psycho is more of a satire, so while they both do functionally the same thing with very similar premises, they still manage to maintain their own identities and tone. You can tell ONE really has a lot to say about shounen manga, at least.

It's hard to call one "better" then the other, though, if only because neither one is finished, and they're both being worked on at the same time so that's a tough argument to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Finished reading up to the latest chapter. He brought the kitten back :unsmith:.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mabels big day posted:

This reminds me of the part where Teru gets rid of Dimple, and Mob realizes that Dimple wasn't really that bad of a guy. This will be really interesting to see how it plays out, because it basically means Dimple has to back down and admit that he's not evil anymore.

I think Dimple has never thought of himself as "evil", but he has been honest with Mob, so I bet Mob is going to turn things around by being honest with Dimple, and maybe getting Dimple to be honest to himself. Or something. All I know is that I kinda wished I read this chapter all in one go rather than piece by piece, having a week go by between page turns sorta mellows the gut punch to more of a gut itch.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

theGrooseofLegend posted:

A very bad LN author

This does not narrow things down.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Guys.

Guys, I think that this comic.

Is really good.

Guys.

It's really good, guys.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zaggitz posted:

Oh god I'm not ready for Dimple to die :(

HenryEx posted:

He will live on in our hearts, and probably as a t-shirt motif for Mob

Schwarzwald posted:

He's a ghost.

More than that, he's a survivor.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

More than that, he's a friend.

You fuckers are gonna make me cry :cry:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was real down on these last few chapters but drat, this one made up for all of them in one page.

This manga... is good.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
jesus christ it's perfect

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Batmasterson posted:

Reigen is my favorite character in any manga I've ever read.

drat straight

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This isn't what I'm here for, dammit

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ZiegeDame posted:

Doesn't Mob have some sort of instinctive telekinetic barrier?

I coulda sworn some earlier chapters noted that a physic can't both use their powers on others and on themselves simultaneously, so his pushing the cat out of the way meant that he had no defense up at the time.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
holy gently caress

never before has a confession had me on the edge of my seat like this

chapter 100 is going to be magical :allears:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

:stare:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
no it's killing hanazawa (soon to be known as hanazawas)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Update.

The countdown hitting 100% ____Ritsu_____ is possibly the most hype poo poo in the whole series.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I feel like i'm going to cry pretty hard in two or three weeks.

I'm crying now and not stopping for two or three weeks :cry:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I need to buy this entire series.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just getting linked to 100.15.

Is 100.16 up somewhere?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Guess I better read it all again now.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose there's also the second season of the anime to look forward to if that ever becomes a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm curious how much the next season will cover. The storylines going forward are a little more dense, and there isn't as much of an obvious stopping point.

On the other hand, the comic being complete means they have more freedom with what they want to adapt, since they now know what the ending is they can do things like introduce key characters earlier or cut filler storylines.