Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
2016 is going to be a very good year for anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
http://bato.to/reader#b90b9a66b56776a6

New chapter

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Well I for one am glad he can afford to have assistants. That scene where Mob peeled himself out of a boulder in this chapter was incredibly cool.

I feel like this is going to be the final arc of Mob Psycho. Claw Boss here is as final boss as the series is going to ever get, and I can't think of a better final battle gimmick than Mob's mood changing constantly while he is at 100%, giving him a suite of 100% breakdowns all in a row. Mob has grown so much as a character and this is really feeling like he's finally become who he wants to be.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
That teaser could just be the OP animation and I'd be 100% okay with everything

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

:allears:

It is unreal how good this anime looks. Going off the trailer this will be the most perfect adaptation of the manga possible.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm really happy to see Serizawa come back, he deserved another shot and this is the best way to do it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yremTcEtkNE

And a new trailer! Its only 15 seconds but it has footage not from the last couple, and I am way too ready for this show.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

My excitement is overflowing, this looks way too good. Waaaay too good.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Of course Reigen has a cool poster of himself by his computer.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I heard they're going all the way to the claw arc, this true?

There hasn't been an official mention or episode count, but some leaked info points to this anime getting a 26 episode run. The Claw 7th Branch arc ends on chapter 51, which is basically perfectly paced for 2 chapters per episode + fitting in some bonus chapters of Mob and Reigen exorcising ghosts here and there.

So, probably!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Shinjobi posted:

Guys I expected this show to loving own and I was still blown away.

Gorgeous. Funny. Weird. I want to marry this episode.

Same.

This episode was way too good, so I had to make an anime thread immediately.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Moltrey posted:

For manga people more caught up than I am, how y'all feel about the pacing going off that episode list? I'm real used to JoJo fans instantly trying to plug in episodes when only given an amount of episodes, so it's weird seeing the full list.

It looks way faster than I expected. I think its going to cover everything I expected them to do in 25ish episodes in only 12. I'm a little worried it'll be too fast but I have faith.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

mabels big day posted:

Gonna be honest... I don't remember who that guy at the end was.

That was Teruki, #2 Esper protagonist behind Mob. He changes his look a lot, ever since all his hair went away.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
It looks like the Mob impersonator is the tree itself.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Captain Invictus posted:

Gave the first chapter of this a go after seeing some folks raving about it, it was ok but does the art improve significantly in this series because boy that first chapter is really terrible looking, like it's basically doodles but made into an actual product

I've read some series with awful art before but this is far and away the worst looking, to the point that I'm not sure I could overlook it if it stays that way throughout, which is unfortunate because a ton of people are super psyched about it.

Like I love one punch man, but the Murata version, I tried to read the one version and could not stomach the art at all.

It gets better, but the style never really changes.

If you really cannot stomach the comic, that's okay. Go check out the anime instead.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
EDIT: Wait this is the Manga thread, ignore me

I even put ANIME THREAD in the other one's title so I wouldn't make this mistake and I still do it

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I was kinda hoping the tree was something new, but I guess it makes sense that it's Dimple after all. Gotta wrap up every loose end I guess!

I do like that Dimple is still trying to be a peaceful god. The Psycho Helmet Cult and (LOL) are basically the same in function - Dimple's mind controlling as many people as possible to develop a following. He's actually even more peaceful this go around than he was during (LOL), what with giving Hanazawa plenty of warnings and chances to escape. Back in (LOL), he went for the kill as soon as Mob stood up to him. I think he's come to realize he doesn't need 100% control of everyone to be a proper God.

He still definitely needs to go down, though. Mass mind control is still pretty evil, Dimple, even if it is 'peaceful.'

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
We are not getting to the broccoli on this run of the anime. In fact, we are not getting past Claw 7th Branch, outside of some cleanup stuff afterwards. It isn't running for more than this one cour or we would've heard about it by now, with only 4 episodes left to air in the current cour. There is no reason for them to have not mentioned that by now.

It'll take a break and maybe in two years we'll get another cour that covers Reigen losing his reputation and the Mogami arc, and then a while down the line, a season 3 that covers the downfall of Claw, and if all goes well, a season 4 covering the broccoli arc. We don't know how long this broccoli arc is going to be, but its looking like ONE really wants to either end on chapter 100 or have something specific happen at chapter 100.

You also can't consider how many episodes the anime will cover from chapter count because starting at chapter 70 or so, every chapter is released over multiple weeks and gets really long. Chapter 90 alone is over 100 pages!

At absolute best I could see us getting one more season of Mob every year for three or four years, and that would rule. But there is no way it'll come faster than that - they've set the bar way too high and started working on the current batch of episodes an entire year ago. A year per season to maintain this level of quality is the best we could hope for.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Yeah. The big thing that makes it work is that it ends on 100% Kindness. The fight ends with Mob sitting down next to a man about to die and helping him come to terms with his life. And that is just the perfect representation of everything the series is all about.

That said, the 100% emotional turmoil is really cool and I am very glad it's something that happened. What's the point of giving everyone big cool flashy powers if you don't get to write a big cool flashy fight scene at least once? And boy, does it deliver.

But the thing that keeps this finale (and this series as a whole) different from another Dragon Ball Z slugfest is that Mob didn't win the fight. He just lasted long enough for his opponent to defeat himself, and then talked it out with him. And when the boss was finally willing to sit down and listen, the problem resolved itself, and nobody had to die.

I love this comic.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

mabels big day posted:

would they/will they even be able to do the urban legend stuff, the exorcism, the reigen arc, the second claw arc, and whatever is left with the broccoli in 12 episodes though?

Absolutely not, the second Claw arc is twice as long as the first one. Covering everything after season 1 of the anime at the same pace as the anime would get through to the end of the second Claw arc in somewhere around 16-18 episodes, and they could honestly afford to slow down a little bit and squeeze an extra episode or two out of what's there. Which would give like, 4-6 episodes for the broccoli arc + whatever epilogue happens, which is so far a lot more than they'd need to cover the broccoli arc as it is so far.

I'm hoping they wait until the manga ends, then do a 2-cour season to cover everything.

EDIT: Rough table napkin math

1 episode for the student council election
2 episodes for the urban legend arc
1 episode of exorcism arc prep (Mob feeling bad for the ghosts they exorcise)
3 episodes for the exorcism
2 episodes of Reigen arc, second episode wraps up with the veggie patch exorcism
1 episode of Mob prepping for the marathon, ending with his house on fire
1 episode of Mob and Teru hunting down espers who attacked them, ending with meeting Reigen and the ex-Claw 7 branch
2 episodes of Claw 2 prep, including Mob falling asleep, the prime minister being kidnapped, Teru vs Teleporter guy, the Super 5 putting down the mercenaries, Reigen waffling on leading the Claw guys, the Claw grunts destroy a bunch of the city
4 episodes of the Claw Assault proper - taking down muscle guy, Body Improvement Fight, plant guy vs the kids, plant guy vs super ghost, Sho meeting his dad, most of the team getting beaten up by teleport guy, Justified Self Defense Rush, Mob shows up at the tower
1 episode of Tower Climb - Mob vs Serizawa, Shou gets destroyed by dad, Mob gets to the top
2 episodes of Boss Fight - 100% Turmoil ensues, cliffhanger on broccoli explosion
1 episode of Mob being rescued, re-assemble his house, fallout with Claw Boss and Shou, Serizawa starting work with Reigen

Which maps to about 21 episodes, which actually fits in really well for a 2-3 episode broccoli arc + epilogue. That fits a bit better than I thought it would, and if they compress things like they did in the first run of the anime they could pretty easily squeeze another ep or 2 in if they need to - those first 4 episodes could probably smash down to 3 episodes fairly easily, and the entire 10 episode claw arc could be compressed to 9.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 3, 2016

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

eonwe posted:

im pretty sure dimple getting all his poo poo stole and being a tiny whisp of a ghost is going to be an ongoing theme, I bet thats what happens

It's happened an awful lot! He got blown up by Mogami in a flashback a decade ago, then by Mob, then Teru, then again by Mogami while protecting Mob, and now again by this broccoli ghost. He managed to avoid getting destroyed by Claw, either the first or second time, but pretty much every other arc has had Dimple explode at some point.

I just hope he has the tenacity to hold on again, it looks like it took all he had to reform after Teru blew him away.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I believe in Dimple to defeat the broccoli menace.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Dimple

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

skaianDestiny posted:

If MP100's really ending, I wonder what new long-form project ONE will work on next.

Hopefully, finishing One Punch Man. But yeah, whatever he does next, I'm on board and will be reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

a cartoon duck posted:

I hope Studio Bones has more planned for Shimazaki. It always kinda sucked how that was his last appearance while every other character got some kinda epilogue, either in the story or in omake.

Guess Baby Old Man didn't get anything else either, maybe they can show up together.

I think Baby Old Man died after Sho shoved him through the floor.

But yeah it was always weird that Shimazaki never learned his lesson or anything, he just ran away and stayed away.