Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
"He's yelling it anyway and that counts." is maybe the greatest thing I've read this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Psychic Power and I is the chapter before Unidentifiable, which is where 100% Sadness comes comes in. It's possible they could end it like Psychic Power and I, where Teruki loses his poo poo and chokes out Mob and the Narrator gives the fake "It was a draw speech", ending with Mob standing up and going shithouse on him. That would be a hell of a cliffhanger and really gently caress with people's heads.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Well the anime is going to get up past chapter 55ish in the manga this cour, so depending on how they time some poo poo....they could just about do it, yeah. I mean the first bit in the anime looks like it could have come from the "Courage" fight if you made the spirits individuals rather than featureless blobs. It's not impossible.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's not set in stone quite yet, but it's looking like we may be saying good bye to Dimple.

Good chapter.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I knew I was gonna get blasted. Ah, just meant how both shows do some work with emotional knowledge and that they're ultimately feel-good shows with some neat lessons i'm glad kids are learning instead of stuff like Naruto or Doug.

Don't compare Doug to Naruto.

Don't compare anything to Naruto.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Truck-kun is very powerful.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

what is this final boss fight poo poo?

Same as always.

Mob against Mob. When you are fighting to be a better person, you are always fighting yourself.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
You don't have to spoil random rear end theories, you know that right?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Nah it's cool, might as well enjoy this last run, it's just that you don't have to bother throwing tags on all your posts. :justpost:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

i flunked out posted:

i want Reigen to be my mentor

Thing's winding down, we can stop pretending that Mob wasn't his mentor the whole time.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Reigen taught Mob valuable life lessons that will determine how he becomes an adult, while Mob taught Reigen about the supernatural

Ha ha ha, ah, no. Reigan was predatory loser with no friends before Mob showed up, Mob showed Reigan how to become an adult.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

He didn't have any friends, but he wasn't particularly predatory.

The only people he hung out with were a group hucksters and con men who considered him their hero. He wasn't a great guy. Or a good guy. Or a sketchy but well meaning guy. "Yeah he made people feel better". So do those fake psychics that tell grieving old rich people they can contact their loved ones for all their money. They make those people feel better, as they are stealing all their money. That's the type of person he was. You mostly see the Reigan who got better in the series, and that's because of Mob. You only get bits and pieces of the old bastard Reigan here and there.

quote:

Reigen could function fine, but Mob gave him a job he actually could stick with.

Sure he could function, he just couldn't live.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Painting him as some piece of poo poo that Mob cleaned up is some FFTA level alternate interpretation.

You keep mentioning all the good things about him that only take place after he met Mob. You need to go back to their break up arc. The guy who goes into his regular bar filled with people "Susceptible to MLM or fake religions" and calls it "A gold mine". How they broke up in the first place, for that matter. Reigan pre-Mob was like 80-20 a sleaze with actual humanity underneath. It's only through dealing with Mob that that ratio starts to change. He is a well meaning person. He wasn't always.

That's what makes him a cool character. That he's not just some generic trickster, but was legitimately a confidence man who felt incredibly empty and had no real place in the world. Pretending to be a better person to impress Mob slowly turned into becoming a better person. That's important to what just happened, because his last message to Mob about how everyone has two sides is earned. Denying the part of him that is terrible denies what it cost him to open up to Mob in the end. It's be like saying Dimple was just a harmless mascot character, you white wash a character's flaws too much and you rob them of their achievements. It also takes away from Mob's achievement in helping them to be better people.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Man I wish you guys made the laws, there would be so many less felonies and I would make so much more money.

Conversely where do you marks live, I've always wanted a Basler BT-67.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i think i'm starting to see how you got that av/text

You seem warm in that glass house, why would you throw all those rocks at it?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Gosh, it's almost like you don't get why Reigen is popular and are lashing out because you really hate liars or con artists.

Nah, I love his character, I just dislike basic bitches who are incapable of acknowledging the fictional character they like has flaws.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

lowercase16 posted:

Mulva has no less than 5 posts on Facebook complaining about fake friends.

People still use facebook?

That's the greatest shock I've received in this thread.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

Eh, more of a manager/commentator. He's basically just the Paul Heyman of the psychic world.

I think you've forgotten the majesty of the Justifiable Self-defense Rush. The man can fight. I mean say what you will about him, he's insanely competent at pretty much everything but being a psychic.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Also if they are going to puss out on this, down to putting jaunty music in the Reigen and Dimple scene, what are they going to do when Mob comes home to find what he believes are the burnt corpses of his parents?

poo poo goes real dark for Mob a few times, and it's sort of important to sell the stakes. This week wasn't terrible, but it was certainly less powerful than it could have been.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
There's not really a big reveal moment exactly, it's all just the little bits they tell you. I mean you can figure it out from where we are. When Mogami is ganked it's spirits that come out, because that's what he drew his power from. All the spirits that he collected in his life. When Mob is ganked, ??? comes out. So....what does Mob draw his power from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

??? quite directly tells Mob what it is

At the very end of the story, when you pretty much already know. It's not like it's some big thing the story deals with, you are done by the time it comes up. He makes his case and Mob goes "Yeah it's fine, I got this" and that's that.