Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Can't wait for people to complain that the anime looks worse than the manga

At least for the early chapters, I'm not sure that's physically possible.

(So hype.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vire posted:

Just coming in to say this haha he didn't get better at all he just has other people draw for him now which is fine.

Looking at the draft panels, it seems he has improved, it's just, you know. Not as much as the look of the book has improved. Or even close.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Someone tweeted storyboards and they match up perfectly with some of the CLAW panels.

I can't wait for the reactions to the "reveal" Reigen was the leader of CLAW. Figure at least a few people won't immediately call it as a fakeout.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

I appreciate ONE bringing back villains from past arcs as normal citizens.

It's starting to feel like this arc is going to be "The people Mob influenced to be better fix things without him ever finding out what really happened."

Which does feel like something ONE might do.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

El Burbo posted:

What parts do you want to be cliffhangers in the anime.

I would want

The reaction would be good, probably

I am really hoping for that one.

Especially for "It makes so much sense!" posts from people who have only seen the anime.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I made a mistake because I can be a bit dumb. They should fit in the whole 7th division arc, yeah.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 30, 2016

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Terper posted:

I have now read the manga. All hail Lord Psycho Helmet.

The exorcism arc was my favourite it was real good

Terper... can it be... that you got brainwashed?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TWIST FIST posted:

mob! mob! what do you want

That is the arc, isn't it? From before Dimple showed up, the big question has been "Mob is now in a position he's going to have to do something with his life. What's it going to be?"

Thinking about it, that makes it absolutely necessary for Reigen to be out of the picture. Before now, Mob's always had someone to lean on. Even in the exorcism arc, he was going to fall without Dimple bailing him out.

Here, Mob is set to be able to do whatever he wants, with no-one in a position to help him find direction.

All this time he's been learning how to stand on his own. Now we see what he does when he has to.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tollymain posted:

i don't think dimple has a plan anymore

He's just trying to find something, anything to distract himself from the emotional pain of the spider's death.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tsubomi gives no fucks about anything other than Tsubomi. Mob deserves better. But he has Reigen so he also has better.

I disagree, at least from what we've got.

Look at what Dimple said. She was initially friendly and interested towards members of the cult. She cared what they had to say, she weighed the merits, and she decided on her own "You know what? This is crazy. I want no part of it." And then, once she'd decided, she was decided. Her friends could try and persuade her, she didn't go for it, because she knows what she wants and what she doesn't on her own.

Dimple's bit about Mob not having a chance? I'm not sure it's true. I mean, she can ignore psychic powers, and she probably won't go for muscles just because they're muscles, but she likes what she likes. That might include Shigeo, if he asks. He's grown as a person, and seems like he could be interesting company these days.

She gave members of a weird cult a chance. Can't see Mob doing much worse.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kept thinking of something along the lines of 100% Pity, but the insult to his Date Shirt being what lead to 100% might change that.

100% Killing Intent.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Surely, none among us could have foreseen such a thing.

Or, perhaps, just ONE of us.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

This does not narrow things down.

The guy who wrote "The Irregular at Magic High School", which is about a dude with ULTIMATE POWER, but it's hidden, and also he's obsessed with his sister. Also he has no other emotions, so any others he shows are just because he's being a manipulative jackass.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dimple is the strongest and bestest and he will win.

Stronger and better than Master Reigen?

Because I find that claim inherently suspicious.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Dimple is dead.

Yeah I said it.

Well, duh.

He's a ghost.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

oilatsnep posted:

Dimple can't be dead otherwise how'd the broccoli get removed

The power of Reigen?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm glad the final arc will be Tome finding aliens.

Lord Boros will finally find the perfect opponent he was searching for.

Reigen.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Boros is dead.

Which is why he's showing up as a ghost.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Of course.

Of course the one actual telepath was the one to quit the telepathy club.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

"Reminds me of our club room"

Never meet your heroes

What if your hero is Arataka Reigen, the psychic star of the 21st century?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

nobody is safe from truck-kun

That's where you're wrong.

Satou Kazuma has outwitted Truck-kun with ease, by a very simple method.

You can't be killed by a truck if you die of a heart attack first.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

It's going to be the first client, thanking Mob for dealing with the cockroach ghost.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

Reigen fears no pubescent.

Yeah. His only fear is children.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just when you think Reigen can't get any better, you realize that you are a loving idiot, and of course he can.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mulva posted:

Ha ha ha, ah, no. Reigan was predatory loser with no friends before Mob showed up, Mob showed Reigan how to become an adult.

He didn't have any friends, but he wasn't particularly predatory. Even before Mob showed up, he gave people what they needed, as long as, you know, it didn't involve actual ghosts (which it never had).

People thought spirits were making their photos ugly, he got good with photoshop. Someone had back ache, he was an excellent masseuse. Reigen actually did a good job. He was also bored to tears, like with every other job he'd ever had.

Reigen could function fine, but Mob gave him a job he actually could stick with.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Tbf the entire point of the anime ED is about what a good influence mob is on reigen.

No question, Mob's a huge positive influence on Reigen. The argument is about Reigen's starting point, not if he makes progress throughout the series.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

that was a perfect ending

It's good to see Reigen expanding his business.

He is truly the world's greatest psychic.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

he can't make bad manga

Don't challenge him like that. He might make bad manga just to prove you wrong.

I believe you can make bad things if you want to, ONE! I'd just prefer if you didn't!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I think it would be like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace which is intentionally bad and an actual masterpiece

I, got a script, read it. Scared me senseless, comme d'habitudes. And I said to ONE, I looked straight into his face, I've never been afraid of holding a man's gaze - it's natural. I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Bleach." And I do not say that lightly.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Looks like we're getting a lot of Tome in this one. Seems she could have a fun dynamic with Reigen, even this early.

Also seems like it's probably going to have stuff getting exploded with psychic powers as more of a sometimes thing, assuming Tome's going to be sidekick this time.

But, you know. First chapter. Early to judge.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tollymain posted:

oh no, nobody told mob

18% betrayal.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zartosht posted:

This is so bad but I can't stop watching. Did Reigen make this???

Reigen is good at things, though.

Also, man. It's been a long time since we got a Reigen manga update. That just stop, or what?

I mean, we're still getting ONE from One Punch Man, and finally getting around to Hinamatsuri means my psychic nonsense needs are being fulfilled, but it feels odd to only get one chapter, right?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Seems to be monthly...ish... so it might be at 3, by now. Was only 2 when I last checked, though.

I only saw two when I checked a couple hours ago. Might be another that hasn't been translated, though. Not betting on it, but it's possible.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

The next chapter of Reigen is up and I liked it a lot.

Also, the panel when the teacher realises his stalker spirit isn't who he thought it was managed to creep me out a little.

It's good, but the most important thing we learned?

Tome's classmates have terrible taste.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Speaking of big reveals, the Reigen manga updated again.

This time, Tome discovered the roots of Reigen's success.

Salt throwing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

Just saw speculation that Reigen is ambiguously gay and dating the new psychic, which would be super sweet and in-character. Not being direct about that makes a ton of sense with my *stereotypical* understanding of Japan. I have no evidence that 2020s Japan is *actually* conservative over acknowledging public homosexual relationships & LGBTQ in general, but it wouldn't surprise me

If this is a widely known thing online, then I can add it wasn't clear from the outside. None of my friends (publicly) made that connection either, though none of the ones who've seen MP100 are gay

There's no real evidence for that in the manga, and a lot of the people making that kind of speculation are the ones who write about how every character is gay until proven otherwise. Not saying it's impossible, but it feels pretty unsupported.