Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I have just discovered this yesterday, I'm up to chapter 20, I love it to death, and now there's gonna be an anime.

Hmmmm, to wait for the anime adaption, which should make the first incredible psychic throwdown and the glory that is the Body Improvement club even more impressive, or blitz through the rest of the comic, in all its crudly-drawn glory?

I'm gonna read it. This is gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Finally caught up.

And drat, this series caught me by surprise. Genuinely funny, and some great action, despite the wonky art. And still, the art style grows on you. I can't imagine Reigen looking different, it's perfect for that guy. Even with this style you get a perfect feel of the violent forces at work here! I love it. It looks a little confusing at times, and I'm kind of disappointed it's "just" espers most of the time without much to visually differentiate them from each other (evil spirits are great), but it's great fun. Surprisingly mature about its characters, too. That arc with the possessed girl was brutal.

Aaaaaaand, of course, there's Reigen. I really like Dimple too, but that guy simply steals every single scene he's in, and it's incredible how the story simply refuses to leave the one normal guy behind, while continually owning and humiliating the arrogant superhumans. Hypnosis Punch + Justifiable Self-Defense. Hell yeah.

I sure hope this isn't the last arc...

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

It really is true, Mob Psycho's art style grows on you. I hope they stay as close as possible while fixing some of the... uuuuh... more blatant issues.

Except for the action scenes and serious faces. Those are great and the main thing by which I will judge this adaptation.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Protodude posted:

New Chapter

Finally done with 90 and onto 91! Let's see how long this chapter ends up being.

Nice

Okay, quick, before the next chapter drops! (Here I go, jinxing us all) What will be the first sight of the next one?!

I think it's gonna be a collosal construct that looks like Mob, containing the psychic energy, kind of like the huge world tree from Berserk that the emperor turned into :toot:
I'm not so sure what exactly happened to the boss (looks like his subordinate teleported him out at some point?), otherwise I would've guessed the construct resembles him and he's basically dead.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh, that's a great look for the anime. :allears: There's something grungy about it! Should be really interesting once they get to the more action-intensive and awe-inspiring scenes, which already worked really drat well with ONE's style.

The music's pretty great too. Hope they go with something like that for the whole thing, I gotta see psychic throwdowns to this.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Jostiband posted:

I think they'll go for faded palette + minimal animation for most of it to save money. Should provide a nice contrast for when the poo poo hits the 100 and people start vomiting rainbows on the animation cells.

I hope they do. I love this kind of style. In full motion, it's like looking at a fever dream barfed onto paper, and impossible not to love. I'll probably poo poo up the thread with incessant fanboy behaviour the very second it hits the ground, but the true moment that I will judge the show on is Mob vs. Hanazawa. Do it right, Bones.

There's a couple things that I hope are improved on the manga, though. There's a serious case of derpy eyes and sameface going on, and that's a problem when multiple people look almost the same. A little more unique faces would be nice (though color helps a lot, I imagine). And second: the backgrounds. A lot of the later action basically takes place in generic, boring-rear end corridors without features, something that also bothered me about the One Punch Man webcomic (in particular one yet not animated arc). The fights are genuinely impressive - the surroundings not at all. I hope they take some more liberty with that particular arc.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Whelp, my prediction of what the "explosion" turns out to be was absolutely wrong

Instead, we got something much better.

All is right in the world. :toot:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

i flunked out posted:

enjoyed this chapter. had a thought tho, did mob and ritsu put their entire house back together psychically? if so thats cool

Wasn't that the psychic replication guy who also created the fake bodies Mob encountered?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Dear god, those explosions. I love the explosions. Everything points towards the action being totally bonkers. Can't wait. It said 2016-07 towards the end, right?

Anybody know how many episodes this is gonna have? Probably 12 like OP Man. I wonder what the adaption will include; definitely the first big battle vs. the psychics to save Mob's brother. Feels like the best stopping point, really. I hope we get the epic broccoli battle some day in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Looks like Dimple is trying everything he can to remove Mob as a threat. He knows he can't possibly win in a fight, so he uses the brainwashed population to argue with Mob - and now he's straight-up offering to go 50/50 with world domination. I expect Dimple to get more and more desperate with his offers, until they start talking in person...

I like this arc.