Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this show is going to kick a$$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For manga people more caught up than I am, how y'all feel about the pacing going off that episode list? I'm real used to JoJo fans instantly trying to plug in episodes when only given an amount of episodes, so it's weird seeing the full list.

e: This is based off like next to nothing, but seeing as of Episode 11, they'll be in Volume 6 of 12, that maybe this show will be mostly bigger scenes with some of the tissue connecting those scenes together removed? Total speculation but it looks like a fast schedule, though maybe that's because Episode 1 just covered a single chapter. People had sort of the opposite worry with the My Hero Academia anime, but I felt that shook out perfectly. Different situation of course though.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 13, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah it was so good, I was really mad that it ended.

Spoilers for anyone interested in what the first episode covers i guess

They move Mob getting the broccoli seeds and the fight surrounding it to be the first thing that happens and the rest is the short arc with Mob and Emi. It's all done really well, Mob's VA sells it super well, I got emotional even knowing what was going to happen. Mob was always a bit harder for me to get a read on in the manga, but in the anime you can feel his awkwardness, but also the sincerity and warmth coming through it. I really think this series is going to be something incredibly special once it's all adapted. The next episode looks to be them bumming around the other city looking for spirits.

I really wanna know how many episodes this will be. I can't think of a good stopping point but I honestly kinda forget everything between now and the Divine Tree

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
also i re read the ending recently and the reveal of Mob's goofy shirt that he really likes is the funniest thing and the final confrontation with the embodiment of his power is so loving good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The shot at the end of the new ED of Mob in the street holding a single flower is killing me.

I'm sure it's just similar to how the Divine Tree kept appearing in Season 1s imagery but stiillllll

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah it was. Dont remember where exactly, this arc has been chopped and screwed a lot for Season 1, but I remember it being before the ghost family

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
re-read the exorcism arc again and god im dying for the next three weeks. i usually think about how good the Divine Tree + final battle stuff was cause that's when I started reading update to update, but poo poo this all rules

i also forget the spirit tamer guy from claw was in the arc, and like, pretty plot critical. everyone in this manga rules

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah we got nine episodes left, which should be the Super 5 stuff considering half the OP is about it.

I dunno if there's left in the manga for a whole season tho?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol I forgot the aliens

Yeah unless they stretch and then cliffhanger somewhere in the finale, I dunno what they'll do? Maybe a long OVA like they did before? The Mogami arc is longer than I remember, but I dunno, I feel like they've been planting the seeds (lol) of the divine tree and ??? in the OPs/EDs forever, so it would be weird not to do it, but I've never heard of a six episode season.

I guess my question isn't Will they do it, but How

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 29, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dragonatrix posted:

Maybe the last few episodes'd be adapting the Reigen manga as an extended epilogue?

Probably not, though.
Oh yeah, this and then they did do that totally original Looking For A Tsuchinoko bit at the end of Season 1

maybe just more of that? i got no idea

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

skaianDestiny posted:

Oh my loving god
lmao

like i said they're absolute animating the whole thing, but i just have no idea how

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 29, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
honestly sadder this exchange got cut

"What are you?"
"No idea."

e: tho the anime added the bit of Mob blasting off his uniform jacket in a way that looks like a dark aura coming off of him which really rules

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 8, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean, this is the manga thread, I don't wanna just TELL you

but that was Mogami speaking in that "The vessel has been broken" bit

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mulva posted:

There's not really a big reveal moment exactly, it's all just the little bits they tell you. I mean you can figure it out from where we are. When Mogami is ganked it's spirits that come out, because that's what he drew his power from. All the spirits that he collected in his life. When Mob is ganked, ??? comes out. So....what does Mob draw his power from?
??? quite directly tells Mob what it is

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can't tell if you've read the manga since this is your first post here but perceptive anime watchers might have figured out that Sho is good, since Sho is in the OP, getting saved by Sakurai and attacking a Bad Lookin Type Dude

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah I also don't remember the nitty-gritty. I know Teru gets a fight next week and mob sleeps on a couch.

pausing through the OP for the first time did let me see curly hair serizawa and im so excited.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he deserves it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i feel like it has to be another hour long OVA right? for divine tree and ???

unless mob is doing 100% kindness by episode 10 which i would Intensely Dislike

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I guess I just don't think all that equals twelve episodes? Unless it's a shorter like six episode season? some show must have done that. or maybe more of how season 1 ended with originial content + adapting that reigen manga? I did forget the aliens tho lmao.

with how much they've used the mob holding the flower, broccoli imagery and set it up, i'm sure they'll adapt it all, im just dying to know how. maybe the season ends with the reveal of the divine tree then

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you rang?

https://twitter.com/ogashiwadayo/status/1100032448790855680

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's interesting, and perhaps a shame.. Like I dont wanna sound snobby but coming off OPM, reading the Teru fight/ 100% Sadness struck me really hard that Mob was really trying to say something. I did fall off it for a bit but came back right as the final arc was happening and seeing the manga end with the main character get rejected by the girl that was the impetus for everything with the final panel being him laughing along with his friends felt so restrained and like, mature.

The anime is absolutely doing wonderful things and will probably be remembered as one of the greatest adaptations ever, but man the source material is loving tight. Like there's a reason it doesnt have a Murata redraw

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I had a hard time reading Mob's expressions and thoughts when I started reading which I feel is very intentional at the start

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They're def gonna adapt the rest, they've finally got to the broccoli they've been teasing since the first episode and kept Mob saying he has someone he has to confess to

With the original OVA in a couple months, they're trying to keep Mob in the public consciousness

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
kinda wished they ended the episode with this, but that would've probably been too mean lol

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Congratulations! be sure to let them out so you don't create your own ???

the finale is honestly near perfect imo, it's such a ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It has a fun framing device of Reigen making Mob write a book of their Season 1 adventures and him going to all the other characters for help that it cuts back to a couple times so it's kinda fun, but yeah it's still just a recap