Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
thats the best gaming news i heard in a while. quake live is good, it getting more exposure is good.
fragging noobs and telling em to gb2tf2 will be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll probably give a try, but in the meantime, I will preemptively go back to TF2, where I belong.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Is it fascism yet posted:

thats the best gaming news i heard in a while. quake live is good, it getting more exposure is good.
fragging noobs and telling em to gb2tf2 will be good

First the most important question: instagib?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Do they purge accounts sometimes, or what? Anyways I installed this poo poo again.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
they do purge accounts if you dont log in for a few months, but you should uninstall immediately because they are going to ruin it according to a quote from a ql dev:

a man intent on ruining the quake legacy posted:

Sometime after that we will launch an update that for the first time in Quake Live's history, will bring about some big gameplay changes. We want to ensure that FPS fans who check out the game on Steam have more fun in their first match than the current gameplay systems allow. We're not talking too much about specific changes yet, especially since the changes need to be taken as one whole package in order to be effective, but we will be iterating internally over the next few weeks to see what works.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Don't you ever change quake3 motherfuckers.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

they do purge accounts if you dont log in for a few months, but you should uninstall immediately because they are going to ruin it according to a quote from a ql dev:

Then guess I'll also go back to TF2, where I also belong.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's confirmed. You find the cake by quoting a person who's postid ends in 420.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kazvall posted:

It's confirmed. You find the cake by quoting a person who's postid ends in 420.

"Magic" indeed.

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

they're probably just adding hats and that owns

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
wormskull rejoices, as well as germany

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
That's good cause Q3A+TA is £14 for absolutely no loving reason

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

That's good cause Q3A+TA is £14 for absolutely no loving reason

The only good thing about Team Arena was bringing back the nailgun.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

does it have an actual client instead of just being a browser plugin now?

I haven't played it in forever

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i hope that the steam version brings back gore and gets rid of the lovely interface

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dongslayer. posted:

wormskull rejoices, as well as germany

The CIS.*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

does it have an actual client instead of just being a browser plugin now?

I haven't played it in forever

Yes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though the client is just kind of a copy of the browser interface. I dunno if their gonna change it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Organs posted:

i hope that the steam version brings back gore and gets rid of the lovely interface

Why do the people who played this before but get all whiny about it now complain about poo poo like there not being enough blood or whatever. Idiots. I didn't even know what Quake 3 was until 2009 and even though I seen the blood by now I don't need to see it instead of the sparks or w/e in QL.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
i played quake live for about an hour before giving up with -1 frags. anyway that's my quake live story hope you liked it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Typical Pubbie posted:

i played quake live for about an hour before giving up with -1 frags. anyway that's my quake live story hope you liked it

I do not like it. Get back in the game, Gamer.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Play UT instead. :hellyeah:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

Oh Lord. Said in voice of Bentley Drummle.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

qnqnx posted:

The only good thing about Team Arena was bringing back the nailgun.

the ta nailgun is kinda poo poo but the ta minigun owns

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i don't even get the nailgun because its not like the q1 gun its more like some bizarro flak cannon

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i could hold my own against mediocre players but any twitch fps veteran stomped the poo poo out of me. ql is p good

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Organs posted:

i don't even get the nailgun because its not like the q1 gun its more like some bizarro flak cannon

the nailgun isn't hard to gently caress up but somehow they did it by making it into a bargain bin flak cannon instead of making it shoot a steady stream of deadly nails. even loving quake 4 gets it right

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Failgun.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
call me crazy but what they shouldve done is just continue to add content to quake 3 arena and have some official vanilla servers to connect to instead of making some adblasted web game and trying to update it for fags

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

agreed, but babies need their brightskins

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mung Dynasty posted:

call me crazy but what they shouldve done is just continue to add content to quake 3 arena and have some official vanilla servers to connect to instead of making some adblasted web game and trying to update it for fags

iirc they actually got a good amount of players the first year or so it went public then the population quickly dwindled to "slightly above regular Q3" so long term it wouldve been better just to update q3 and slash the price or something like that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Organs posted:

agreed, but babies need their brightskins

lfmao

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Falsum posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your all being added to a list of people whom, when rocket launchers and rail guns become available to the public, I will be personally performing nasty combos upon.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Organs posted:

it wont bring back gore because of germany being their main clientele

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Is it fascism yet posted:

it wont bring back gore because of germany being their main clientele

russia and former soviet states are the biggest quake nations. they wont bring back the gore because nobody really cares

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

quote:

russia and former soviet states are the biggest quake nations. they wont bring back the gore because nobody really cares

scandinavia and finland love them some quake as well. granted this is from what i know about q1 but it should apply to all the quakes

Oh, and

Falsum posted:

RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG
Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RichardGamingo posted:

Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG
What the hell does this post even mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

closeted republican posted:

scandinavia and finland love them some quake as well. granted this is from what i know about q1 but it should apply to all the quakes

it doesnt really apply to quake live as much, seeing as how most of the scandinavian quake players are now in their 30s and 40s and started playing quake before there even was a quakeworld. quake 3 didnt really catch on because q1 players kept playing q1 and younger people all played cs which was insanely popular in the nordic region.

• Locked thread