Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it'd own if quake live added quake 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

RichardGamingo posted:

Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG

thanks for the input, RichardGamingo

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

it'd own if quake live added quake 1

good luck censoring all the pentagrams and gore from the map textures

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
best regards,
fag

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

On the subject of the maps, ZTN has the sickest wall in the dang world.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
that looks disgusting, heres how its supposed to look:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

that looks disgusting, heres how its supposed to look:

It actually looks like a normal person playing quake for me but I dropped the picmip to see the sick wall for that picture.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

closeted republican posted:

the nailgun isn't hard to gently caress up but somehow they did it by making it into a bargain bin flak cannon instead of making it shoot a steady stream of deadly nails. even loving quake 4 gets it right
I could swear it was kinda similar to the q1 nailgun but not really. Says how memorable was that expansion.
Or maybe I confused it with something else, idk

Is it fascism yet posted:

it wont bring back gore because of germany being their main clientele

hosed up and bullshit.

RichardGamingo posted:

Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG

Go away.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think this is my most recent or at least the most recent picture I have of my poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

I could swear it was kinda similar to the q1 nailgun but not really. Says how memorable was that expansion.
Or maybe I confused it with something else, idk

hosed up and bullshit.

Go away.

The q3 nailgun is like a shotgun that shoots bouncing projectiles. There's not really anything in q3 that's like the q1 nail gun unless you just think of plasma as a reskin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

i've been off the quake wagon for years now and this thread is making me want to pick up the habit again, gently caress you all

Mynx steeples her fingers and whispers, "Excellent," very sexily.

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

i've been off the quake wagon for years now and this thread is making me want to pick up the habit again, gently caress you all

same but im definitely getting back on the wagon when this drops

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

zen death robot posted:

do it then come duel me u pussy

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

01011001 posted:

same but im definitely getting back on the wagon when this drops

just play now, getting on steam is nothing special when it's still the same thing :colbert:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RichardGamingo posted:

Best Regards,
RG

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

RichardGamingo posted:

Best Regards,
RG

edit: jesus christ that's way too big

also what is the ugliest you can make Quake? I'm legit interested, I never really got into Quake but I like that people set everything to be as undetailed as possible

Dec 26, 2012

Kazvall posted:

just play now, getting on steam is nothing special when it's still the same thing :colbert:

truth be told i got other poo poo to play and this is a convenient excuse for me to put it off

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

01011001 posted:

truth be told i got other poo poo to play

Dec 26, 2012

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Also I love when steam sets the release date for when they get a game. Like some loving nitwit is going to think Quake Live is a thing that just came out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Also I love when steam sets the release date for when they get a game. Like some loving nitwit is going to think Quake Live is a thing that just came out.

What's it matter if they do. I didn't know what quake was until 2009 and didn't play it until 2011 and I'm a devout fan now.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RichardGamingo posted:

Best Regards,
RG

Hey retard, Don't sign your posts and also gently caress off back to YouTube. Don't send an admin a 20,000 word PM about this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hey retard, Don't sign your posts and also gently caress off back to YouTube. Don't send an admin a 20,000 word PM about this

lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Lmfao.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

zen death robot posted:

He sent a pm about a 6 hour probation? Really?

I got one too.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I got one too.

lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I got one too.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think RichardGamingo is kind of epic but I had no hoot in hell about what he was talking about in that post.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

I think RichardGamingo is kind of epic but I had no hoot in hell about what he was talking about in that post.

The Epic Mentally Ill LPer

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Anyways I'm installing this game.

Dec 26, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

post it

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I got one too.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Anyways I'm installing this game.

Add wormskull and I'll get on maybe sometime I don't know, haven't been too motivated to play it lately since it's fairly dead in USA.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Do you still only get a limited number of plays per day unless you buy an upgraded account or whatever it used to be?

I've played off and on since 2011 and that hasn't been a thing so I doubt it unless they changed something in the last couple months.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Apparently there were enemymodel restrictions as recently as 3 months ago or something but I've been a Pro subscriber for so long I didn't even realize.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Do you still only get a limited number of plays per day unless you buy an upgraded account or whatever it used to be?

free players get a tiny selection of maps that rotate monthly that usually has 1 ok map per game mode and the rest are total garbage. you can play these poo poo maps as much as you want

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By the way, if you want to have a tag that says nice! in front of your name, and you promise to be a polite gamer, you can join my clan for polite gamers.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Add wormskull and I'll get on maybe sometime I don't know, haven't been too motivated to play it lately since it's fairly dead in USA.

All the servers I saw were in German, which is fail. I'll add you, my account name is zoqfot. Cheers.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

All the servers I saw were in German, which is fail. I'll add you, my account name is zoqfot. Cheers.

Oh if your not in the USA this will be a painful world of poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SyncError told me there was once upon a time servers in Iceland but no one played on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Oh if your not in the USA this will be a painful world of poo poo.

I'm in East Coast USA.

• Locked thread