Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

qnqnx posted:

That if as soon you respawn you don't forget about tactics and only care about frags and sick frags. Which is not my case.

but quad frags are literally the sickest frags. ffa is boring if youre not just smearing everyone else across the walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

i'm too lazy to sign up on a site, when is this dang thing coming to steam!?!?!?!??!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

this game rules i picked it up and can hold my own pretty weell for not having grown up playing this this is the fps i have been looking for

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

is this real life?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

simsense cumshots posted:

is this real life?

Is this just fantasy.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bloodmobile posted:

but quad frags are literally the sickest frags. ffa is boring if youre not just smearing everyone else across the walls

timing doesnt meant poo poo when everyone jumps the quad guy when he's facing a slippery opponent :cool:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chaos Heavy.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
i used to feel bad about interrupting one person focusing on another fights in ffa but now idgaf. its cool ruining their mini-duel and taking both of them out

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Srice posted:

i'm too lazy to sign up on a site, when is this dang thing coming to steam!?!?!?!??!
"Very soon" as of 17th July.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
'this summer' is what the newspost said and even that can be interpreted as being the release window for the stuff they do before steam launch

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

RichardGamingo posted:

Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hi rich

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

kalstrams posted:

"Very soon" as of 17th July.

so it'll be around the middle of autumn then

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

quake live is good as Heck

will there be cheevos?? i wonder aloud

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

skull wall posted:

will there be cheevos?? i wonder aloud
There are already, called 'Awards'. There even are achievements without anyone actually earning them yet - namely, 10k and 25k hours played.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
hot tip: one word leak from a ql focus tester. its loadouts

rip quake

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

What does that mean? I can't think of a way to have a loadout in quake as weapons are dependent on map placement.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

wormskull in the other thread did you say you still pay for pro? you should start a server and everyone should ffa.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
he does and he did that yesterday. i won

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bloodmobile posted:

rip quake

ahahahaahahah

guess ill never touch ql again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same as guy above said, loadouts do not make sense for QL, unless some new fancy dumb game mode.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Same as guy above said, loadouts do not make sense for QL, unless some new fancy dumb game mode.

pick from one of 5 almost identical rocket launchers you spawn with in ca or pick up off the ground in ffa. i can see it happen since theyre really trying to make it accessible to cod players

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bloodmobile posted:

pick from one of 5 almost identical rocket launchers you spawn with in ca or pick up off the ground in ffa. i can see it happen since theyre really trying to make it accessible to cod players
:lol: I'll switch to UT if that happens.
:negative:

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

kalstrams posted:

:lol: I'll switch to UT if that happens.
:negative:

im sure you can still play ql classic for the low low monthly price of 5$

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

i've gotten used to picmip 10 that if I change it to 0 i think the game is uglier. the textures are starting to show their age.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

hot tip: one word leak from a ql focus tester.

rip quake

that... thats a lie. you just made that up

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

rip quake

Quake Live's strategy for entering Steam and competing with Valve, folks
As much as I like TF2, hopefully it is only in a special game mode that can be safely ignored.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

i've gotten used to picmip 10 that if I change it to 0 i think the game is uglier. the textures are starting to show their age.

I've thought that since before I even started playing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

wormskull in the other thread did you say you still pay for pro? you should start a server and everyone should ffa.

If people are interested in this I will but I don't feel like playing right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://www.quakelive.com/r/join/fbb14e15-6c58-46a2-b3ba-1690793e8486 The pass is PrincessZeldasEpicBoobs again, if you want to play it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In the "lobby" screen you just copy paste that into Join by URL which is somewhere on there.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i want to play but i cant load up your url it times out trying to connect. idk what im doing wrong im copy pasting the link u provided into the Join by URL box and hitting enter... doesnt even load match info.

Dec 26, 2012

Is it fascism yet posted:

that... thats a lie. you just made that up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

i want to play but i cant load up your url it times out trying to connect. idk what im doing wrong im copy pasting the link u provided into the Join by URL box and hitting enter... doesnt even load match info.

I shut it down because no one joined.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I was at work

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i was in europe

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
quak live needs hats

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

i was waiting for stuff to happen

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I still don't get though, why q3dm18 is popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

kalstrams posted:

I still don't get though, why q3dm18 is popular.

Why do people play Longest Yard. The world may never know.

• Locked thread