Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sir AIDS posted:

Bobnumerotres hosed around with this message at Aug 9, 2014 around 12:52 AM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Dec 26, 2012

Sir AIDS posted:

Bobnumerotres hosed around with this message at Aug 9, 2014 around 12:52 AM

he wanted to get that 5 absolutely right

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

They encrypted the pk3s in QL so you can't use them in Q3. Going back to Q3 is kind of annoying cause I had gotten used to the niceties of QL's UI customization and cvars. Such as picmip only textures and brightskins.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Having played cpma and vq3 and stuff I don't know if it's because I don't know the q3 era cvars but I feel like there's slightly better feedback for certain things in QL than the other ones.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
even though ql is kinda dead im glad i got to play it during its heyday so i could see how q3a would've been like during its prime. i never played q3a until like 2007 or so. :shobon: im still a ut99 guy but ql made me appreciate q3a

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

he wanted to get that 5 absolutely right

pressing buttons is hard

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

:cabot:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
http://www.quakelive.com/#!news/site_news/37858

those motherfuckers actually went and did it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qKgRdxxDFL

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Bloodmobile posted:

quote:

Disabled the pk3 encryption. Paks can now be opened like a zip file; maps load up to 25% faster.

This is the only good item from those changes. Time to just copy those pk3s to my Q3A install. Quake is dead, god is dead, the government is a lie.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
duel is mostly unaffected except that lg now does 6 dmg and you can have damage numbers pop off your enemy when you hit him like in borderlands. i might consider keeping my sub if they just reverse the lg nerf

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The PQL ruleset has been renamed 'Turbo'.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Race Mode has been renamed "Hot Wheels Track".

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
lol @ people who thought it was fake

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

:laffo: rip in peace quake 3 forever in our harts

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
loving hell. two weapon loadouts. and people wonder why i hate halo

quake 3 rip in pizza

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

"We should draw inspiration from popular modern shooters like Halo and Call of Duty in our twitch arena shooter"

-retards

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

rip in pieces

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Video Viddy Games posted:

loving hell. two weapon loadouts. and people wonder why i hate halo

quake 3 rip in pizza

I love when halo fan boys come out and defend it against it having ruined the genre.

"nuh uh, the game I've devoted myself to has had WAY LESS impact on the industry and is in fact, mostly forgettable."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SeXReX posted:

I love when halo fan boys come out and defend it against it having ruined the genre.

"nuh uh, the game I've devoted myself to has had WAY LESS impact on the industry and is in fact, mostly forgettable."

two weapons guys, please i cannot remmeber all this inventory *huunnnnngggghhhhhhhh* brain explodes from thinking about having more than three guns!!!!

gently caress halo it is poo poo

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Guys it's not halos fault! it's a limitation of the console!

*completely ignores Halo's PC version, console games that easily handle more than two weapons, and any criticism of playing FPS games with a loving controller*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
gaylo.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

SeXReX posted:

Bitch./

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Video Viddy Games posted:

two weapons guys, please i cannot remmeber all this inventory *huunnnnngggghhhhhhhh* brain explodes from thinking about having more than three guns!!!!

gently caress halo it is poo poo

Gay.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

no thats halo which is gay, i am biqueerious

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Schnedwob posted:

Guys it's not halos fault! it's a limitation of the console!

*completely ignores Halo's PC version, console games that easily handle more than two weapons, and any criticism of playing FPS games with a loving controller*

Hurr!!! HUrr!!!! Hurr!!!!!! gently caress off troll.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
When a developer dilutes their franchise by replacing what made their series unique with attempts to copy a popular franchise, I think it's safe to blame the developer, rather than the popular franchise they're trying to copy.

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 27, 2014

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Personally I blame both.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

When a developer dilutes their franchise by replacing what made their series unique with attempts to copy a popular franchise, I think it's safe to blame the developer, rather than the popular franchise they're trying to copy.

R u bungie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Bungle doesn't make Halo anymore, actually.

• Locked thread