Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dongslayer. posted:

wormskull rejoices, as well as germany

The CIS.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

does it have an actual client instead of just being a browser plugin now?

I haven't played it in forever

Yes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though the client is just kind of a copy of the browser interface. I dunno if their gonna change it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Organs posted:

i hope that the steam version brings back gore and gets rid of the lovely interface

Why do the people who played this before but get all whiny about it now complain about poo poo like there not being enough blood or whatever. Idiots. I didn't even know what Quake 3 was until 2009 and even though I seen the blood by now I don't need to see it instead of the sparks or w/e in QL.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Typical Pubbie posted:

i played quake live for about an hour before giving up with -1 frags. anyway that's my quake live story hope you liked it

I do not like it. Get back in the game, Gamer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

Play UT instead. :hellyeah:

Oh Lord. Said in voice of Bentley Drummle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Organs posted:

agreed, but babies need their brightskins

lfmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your all being added to a list of people whom, when rocket launchers and rail guns become available to the public, I will be personally performing nasty combos upon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RichardGamingo posted:

Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG
What the hell does this post even mean.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

On the subject of the maps, ZTN has the sickest wall in the dang world.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

that looks disgusting, heres how its supposed to look:

It actually looks like a normal person playing quake for me but I dropped the picmip to see the sick wall for that picture.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think this is my most recent or at least the most recent picture I have of my poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

I could swear it was kinda similar to the q1 nailgun but not really. Says how memorable was that expansion.
Or maybe I confused it with something else, idk

hosed up and bullshit.

Go away.

The q3 nailgun is like a shotgun that shoots bouncing projectiles. There's not really anything in q3 that's like the q1 nail gun unless you just think of plasma as a reskin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

i've been off the quake wagon for years now and this thread is making me want to pick up the habit again, gently caress you all

Mynx steeples her fingers and whispers, "Excellent," very sexily.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RichardGamingo posted:

Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

01011001 posted:

truth be told i got other poo poo to play

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Also I love when steam sets the release date for when they get a game. Like some loving nitwit is going to think Quake Live is a thing that just came out.

What's it matter if they do. I didn't know what quake was until 2009 and didn't play it until 2011 and I'm a devout fan now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hey retard, Don't sign your posts and also gently caress off back to YouTube. Don't send an admin a 20,000 word PM about this

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I got one too.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think RichardGamingo is kind of epic but I had no hoot in hell about what he was talking about in that post.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Anyways I'm installing this game.

Add wormskull and I'll get on maybe sometime I don't know, haven't been too motivated to play it lately since it's fairly dead in USA.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Do you still only get a limited number of plays per day unless you buy an upgraded account or whatever it used to be?

I've played off and on since 2011 and that hasn't been a thing so I doubt it unless they changed something in the last couple months.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Apparently there were enemymodel restrictions as recently as 3 months ago or something but I've been a Pro subscriber for so long I didn't even realize.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By the way, if you want to have a tag that says nice! in front of your name, and you promise to be a polite gamer, you can join my clan for polite gamers.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

All the servers I saw were in German, which is fail. I'll add you, my account name is zoqfot. Cheers.

Oh if your not in the USA this will be a painful world of poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SyncError told me there was once upon a time servers in Iceland but no one played on them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm in East Coast USA.

Oh phew. I guess you need to select "In My Vicinity" in the server browser.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The last time I played Quake 3 was when I was 10 and had no internet.

I was in my drafting class and I fragged my Sociology class teacher while using a very naughty handle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm to tired and lazy feeling to play right now but maybe later I will play.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I know they are trying to get more people to try QL by adding it to steam but they need to change the horrible layout they use for the launcher. I feel like most people end up playing CA but I kind of prefer duels nowadays or at least CTF.

There's an IRC for "natdmpickup" but I remember I sat in there once for about 8 hours watching a pickup flip between 4/8 and 5/8 players.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The european tdm pickup scene looks like 500% better, makes me want to move to Kiev.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

2v2 CA is like the worst thing I can imagine.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember a while ago some idiot was trying to tell me why CA isn't as bad as I thought and I started to describe how a CA match always goes and I thought I was exaggerating a little bit and then I looked on Facebook 15 minutes later and saw by sheer coincidence that the Quake Live page shared a CA tournament video from Stermy starring probably the top 8 CA players in Europe and it was almost exactly what I was describing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The funny thing about how big CA maps are is there's only one 10mx10m spot on any one of them that people play around and every 5 rounds someone ends up in a different room of it showing off how much of a spastic they are. It's such a sad waste of nearly all that makes Quake the best MP FPS. :sigh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There are bad maps in QL but the reason the "best" CA maps are still sad is because CA is bad. Overkill is a nice FFA map and would probably be an OK tdm map. Asylum is alright in FFA. Deep Inside isn't an awful tdm map. Campgrounds is a good duel map. And so on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So I think people like bad maps but they also like bad modes first and foremost I think (because if there is a bad mode they have an idea of what maps are the least bad on it), and, unlike being able to play Nuketown in CoD which is always a bad map no matter what, people want to ruin an otherwise probably decent map by playing clan arena on it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, in the USA people only play CTF on Space CTF. So whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

simsense cumshots posted:

is this real life?

Is this just fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chaos Heavy.