Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Is it fascism yet posted:

thats the best gaming news i heard in a while. quake live is good, it getting more exposure is good.
fragging noobs and telling em to gb2tf2 will be good

First the most important question: instagib?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

they do purge accounts if you dont log in for a few months, but you should uninstall immediately because they are going to ruin it according to a quote from a ql dev:

Then guess I'll also go back to TF2, where I also belong.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kazvall posted:

It's confirmed. You find the cake by quoting a person who's postid ends in 420.

"Magic" indeed.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

That's good cause Q3A+TA is £14 for absolutely no loving reason

The only good thing about Team Arena was bringing back the nailgun.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

closeted republican posted:

the nailgun isn't hard to gently caress up but somehow they did it by making it into a bargain bin flak cannon instead of making it shoot a steady stream of deadly nails. even loving quake 4 gets it right
I could swear it was kinda similar to the q1 nailgun but not really. Says how memorable was that expansion.
Or maybe I confused it with something else, idk

Is it fascism yet posted:

it wont bring back gore because of germany being their main clientele

hosed up and bullshit.

RichardGamingo posted:

Going back to play Quake Live as an old man made me more thankful for the poo poo mechanic they put into games nowadays like Starcraft 2's mass-building select and other newb poo poo like razor gaming mice with 1000 buttons although that is still totaly poo poo. I'm just waiting until my computer peripherals allow me to directly kill my opponents through wifi.

Best Regards,
RG

Go away.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

quad spawns every 2 minutes. if you have problems timing quad you probably have something wrong with the part of your brain that does very simple maths
That if as soon you respawn you don't forget about tactics and only care about frags and sick frags. Which is not my case.

closeted republican posted:

ffa rules no joke. random chaos makes dm games way more interesting in my book. even with the best routes, there's still a chance of a bottom feeder with a pistol/shotgun/machine gun/enforcer taking you down with a lucky shot. having to keep track of everyone makes things more fun and hectic, which is what, to me, games like quake dm and ut99 are all about
Agreed.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

hot tip: one word leak from a ql focus tester. its loadouts

rip quake

Quake Live's strategy for entering Steam and competing with Valve, folks
As much as I like TF2, hopefully it is only in a special game mode that can be safely ignored.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

i was waiting for stuff to happen

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

hahaaahahahhahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

what the flying gently caress

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Being a true gamer is a frigid hell.