Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I know they are trying to get more people to try QL by adding it to steam but they need to change the horrible layout they use for the launcher. I feel like most people end up playing CA but I kind of prefer duels nowadays or at least CTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I would be okay with 4 vs 4 ctf or 2 vs 2 CA on smaller maps but no one does this.

Wormskull posted:

There's an IRC for "natdmpickup" but I remember I sat in there once for about 8 hours watching a pickup flip between 4/8 and 5/8 players.

That requires me to use irc which I don't do because its 2014.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I used to play a lot of RA3 but CA is really bad. Lets give everyone 200/200 and all weapons and make every map a giant room.

Edit: Its like those CS maps for awp practice.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Ugh campgrounds. Its an okay map thats overplayed, there are lots of maps that are fun to play but everyone always chooses campgrounds.

Like dm2, dm5, and dm7 are pretty good maps.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

What does that mean? I can't think of a way to have a loadout in quake as weapons are dependent on map placement.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

wormskull in the other thread did you say you still pay for pro? you should start a server and everyone should ffa.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

i've gotten used to picmip 10 that if I change it to 0 i think the game is uglier. the textures are starting to show their age.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I was at work

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I guess killing quake 3 is a good way to tell me, a 30 year old, to stop playing video games.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

They encrypted the pk3s in QL so you can't use them in Q3. Going back to Q3 is kind of annoying cause I had gotten used to the niceties of QL's UI customization and cvars. Such as picmip only textures and brightskins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Bloodmobile posted:

http://www.quakelive.com/#!news/site_news/37858

those motherfuckers actually went and did it

quote:

Disabled the pk3 encryption. Paks can now be opened like a zip file; maps load up to 25% faster.

This is the only good item from those changes. Time to just copy those pk3s to my Q3A install. Quake is dead, god is dead, the government is a lie.

• Locked thread