Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

NESguerilla posted:

I think a good nerf for the tactical shotgun would be giving it a 10% chance to backfire and instantly execute the user.

You're next, fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I had a really strange thing happen to me last night where I no longer had a weapon. Here's the video. I somehow went from a silenced shorty to nothing to an unsilenced shorty. Is this a known bug?

Since we're sharing videos, here's the one where I don't kill anyone and still come in first.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Losing a gun is a known glitch. It can happen in single player too and it seems to be caused by breaking a melee weapon, which, in the right circumstances, will cause the PC to drop a gun as well as the broken melee weapon. Here's a video of someone intentionally causing the glitch in single player.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

In It For The Tank posted:

Losing a gun is a known glitch. It can happen in single player too and it seems to be caused by breaking a melee weapon, which, in the right circumstances, will cause the PC to drop a gun as well as the broken melee weapon. Here's a video of someone intentionally causing the glitch in single player.

This looks like a very normal instance of shooting a guy and clubbing him. Does Joel actually drop the revolver (and can go pick it up) or is it just gone?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Clanpot Shake posted:

This looks like a very normal instance of shooting a guy and clubbing him. Does Joel actually drop the revolver (and can go pick it up) or is it just gone?

Joel drops his rifle there. I think it just vanishes in single player.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Props to that guy for using that glitch for style.

NESguerilla posted:

I think a good nerf for the tactical shotgun would be giving it a 10% chance to backfire and instantly execute the user.

The tac shotgun does really need a nerf. If it was my "backup cheese loadout when getting stomped" then it is a bullshit weapon for scrubs. I stopped using it because it wasn't even fun.

Aw gently caress MGO is already live?? I was going to make a video for it :eng99:

Instead here is a clip of why this game is the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_vcUIMvTB0

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Keep it goin

Gotta love the sawdoff

LIKELY STORY!

mind-reading teamwork

teamwork 2

awesome rally from 3 down FTW!

I like how the dude doesn't even drop to his knees before his head explodes

yarp

My highlight of the day: while dead I used the camera to spy where the action was and upon respawn then rushed in for a coup

using my shorty-only build, said round yielded good results

dickin around

fistin n dippin

Team Mascot

mono: bugg'est, lagg'est, mean-muggin motherfucker

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jesus Christ we ran into some loving good players last night. I don't think I've ever been slapped around so much in one night.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

For real, I got killed in some amazing/distressing ways.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I gave the double barrel a go after watching that and it's actually loads of fun and pretty good for 1 loadout point and 4 shells per purchase.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

I gave the double barrel a go after watching that and it's actually loads of fun and pretty good for 1 loadout point and 4 shells per purchase.

It's a great backup for pistol-only builds, surprisingly useful at midrange, and it's the cheapest way to gain access to the highly demoralizing "exploding leg/face" execution.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Here's a bunch of videos to show that this game isn't dead yet:

0-death game using the double barrel

Turning the tables on some bad guys (briefly, anyway)

I personally find teabagging unsporting. Instead I do this.

Lagging like a badass

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

Here's a bunch of videos to show that this game isn't dead yet:

0-death game using the double barrel

That's the poo poo I'm talking about. Double barrel is wicked in a pinch. You have good instincts regarding when to prioritize healing, executions, backing off vs rushing. One thing I did notice is that you prioritize sticking near the crew over hitting a box or crafting in some instances, and it never feels like a bad move. Also, that slaughter at 5:20 :v

Clanpot Shake posted:

I personally find teabagging unsporting. Instead I do this.

Yeah, it's on par with the leg/face exploding execution.

I've met a few like that, where the morph between going down and popping back up. Never as bad as that, though.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Had an entire game last night, where I only got like three downs because the host was bad? I guess? I dunno much about computers/internet, but like the magical flying packets weren't coming out of my PS4 as fast or something. Looked a lot like that lag video. I would start shooting someone from the back with the revolver, and they'd just turn around and gun me down with a semi-auto. cool. cool game. cool cool cool.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

You guys really need to stop sending me invites at 2am when I'm on my last game and start getting online earlier.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

eat poo poo and die, the world begins at 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh I see how it is :mad:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I played with you today, clanpot. But I was using klikitat's account. I was the bitch trying to heal you all the time.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

You should have sent me a message - I was in a party with those other two guys. We had trouble with your name and just ended up calling you kitkat.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Whew finally took a break from MGO (a technically terrible release, but I mean come on, boxes) and went thru some vide-O's

Yoooo the sawed off is the hotness. Especially with that juicy execution. I really gotta learn how to use that shorty though, wooo-ee!

Aw yiss, time for some splitscreen action
And highlights from that match, or, "A Tale Of Troublesome Tourists Told In Tactical Talk"

These made me fuckin lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yellowjournalism posted:

Whew finally took a break from MGO (a technically terrible release, but I mean come on, boxes) and went thru some vide-O's

"Killed by snackytongs" :D

This is fuckin dope.

yellowjournalism posted:

And highlights from that match, or, "A Tale Of Troublesome Tourists Told In Tactical Talk"

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that match was amazing. Round 5 was such a clusterfuck, they nearly had us but for all the smoke everywhere. I think we really knocked a bit of steam out of them there, but it was close all the way to the end. Even that final shootout in round 7 could've gone either way in seconds with all the shotties in play.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

REAL. TIME. STRATEGY.

evening the score

chaotic nailbiter match (mono's terrible horrible no good very bad day)

ninja of sawdoff

death in mid air-row (nice one, da55yd)

this is a gank

against the odds #1

against the odds #2

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Played with my silent homie Cali last night, and we didn't lose across ten straight supply raid games.

There a were some amazing moments of DOMINATION

in this video i splode a dude in mid-air

in this video the shorty makes some friends

in this video i witness an embarrassing bathroom moment

in this video i splode a dude in mid-air, then cali shits on him

in this video i steal downs

in this video a molotov encounters a nail-bomb

in this video i act heroically and demonstrate a good sense of timing

in this video i shiv and burn

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
bahahahahaa the animations in this game :gerty:

Beastly poo poo snacky, you convinced me to try that shorty. You likin that agility-covert combo??

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

yellowjournalism posted:

bahahahahaa the animations in this game :gerty:

Beastly poo poo snacky, you convinced me to try that shorty. You likin that agility-covert combo??

Silenced shorty + agility + covert is my favorite loadout and it is super fantastic for getting people mad. You have to get right up in a man's grill or two shots won't down but once you figure it out all of your kills will happen without the other guy firing a shot.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

No joke: Monostat, myself, Da55yd, and Mr Blizzard played the other night - 3 of us using this build

Shorty
Covert 2
Agility 2
Strategist 2

We didn't lose a single set all night, even when we were loving around. Mono was a good sport and used the build for a while, too, but found it too aggressive for his style. We literally couldn't lose. I think part of the reason was that the strengths of the build pay off when you're close enough to your teammates to mob, and since you're all playing exactly the same way there tends to be less communication breakdown. Also, everyone rocking covert and three people rocking strategist 2 means that the opposing team rarely knows where you are while your team knows exactly where they are, even without too much communication.

It's convinced me to try more full-team builds. Though, mono gets to choose what we all use next time.

Whatever the case, if anyone wants to rock SHORTY-BROS. with me I'm down anytime. SHORTY-BROS. videos soon to come.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 24, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's not that it was too aggressive. I like aggressive. It's more that I'm used to most of the people we play with being pretty cautious so it allows me to be more aggressive and know I usually have some back up if I need it. it is effective it just throws off my personal game, which is fine. I have trouble doing well on a personal level when we play like that, but I'm mostly just being a bitch about not being able to get more than like 2 or 3 kills per match with that setup.

I wouldn't mind doing that build some more. I think better teams could have countered us pretty easily though. Everyone we played against wasn't even trying to change it up after getting shorty rushed like 3 times in a row. I dunno what they were thinking.

I'm definitely interested in trying out a full team of potato guns. if nothing else it would piss off other teams so bad :lol:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I'm definitely interested in trying out a full team of potato guns. if nothing else it would piss off other teams so bad :lol:

da55yd and I were talking about this, too. gently caress yes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SHORTY BROS

a corpse lays awkward

the shorty bros experiment begins (also, trick bomb)

my teammates warned me not to...but I have ULTIMATE BALLS!

and then things got messier

and then there's

this motherfucker who's trying to creep me while I think all the action is on the other side of the map. NO CHANCE!

a few extra

shortiness continued

no escape, shorty = longy

mono and snacky

shorty assault, never think things through

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I miss playing with you guys :'(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

I miss playing with you guys :'(

Why'd you stop? Do you need a MGS5 intervention?

Edit: WHo's got a long weekend coming up? I'm really itching for a few good sessions of TLOU over the next 4 days.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I got a new girlfriend and a new job one right after the other and that's been heavily cutting into my me-time. And then yeah, MGSV and Rocket League are fighting over the scraps. All I have time for anymore is posting abusive things about Mr. Peckerwood on the PSN group.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

All I have time for anymore is posting abusive things about Mr. Peckerwood on the PSN group.

Seriously, dude's a dick.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
omg that shorty battle royale :lol:

NESguerilla posted:

Edit: WHo's got a long weekend coming up? I'm really itching for a few good sessions of TLOU over the next 4 days.

*raises severed tourist hand*

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Man my AV equipment sure picked a great time to fry itself. You guys are playing my dream build and by the time it comes back from the shop you'll be on to the new hotness :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Godspeed clanpot!

Gonna play some fallout for a bit them I'm in for TLOU tonight.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

Man my AV equipment sure picked a great time to fry itself. You guys are playing my dream build and by the time it comes back from the shop you'll be on to the new hotness :(

We'll boot up the old style for ya, dude.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Hahahaha I really don't know why this one pub stuck through match after match hamstringing the poo poo out of his team but here's the part where we just make him give up

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I am currently at the part of the game where Ellie just got anti-biotics for Joel and found out that the people who got her the anti-biotics are of the same group of the people they shot up in the University earlier. Now Ellie is on the run in an attempt to lure these people away from Joel. How far am I into the game percentage wise? Am I at least half done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
You're pretty close to the end. There's a little more to winter, and then spring is fairly short. Percentage-wise, I think fall takes up like half the game.

• Locked thread