Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I am currently at the part of the game where Ellie just got anti-biotics for Joel and found out that the people who got her the anti-biotics are of the same group of the people they shot up in the University earlier. Now Ellie is on the run in an attempt to lure these people away from Joel. How far am I into the game percentage wise? Am I at least half done?

You're around there, yeah. The first chapter of the game is incredibly long compared to the last three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

effervescible posted:

You're pretty close to the end. There's a little more to winter, and then spring is fairly short. Percentage-wise, I think fall takes up like half the game.

Crappy Jack posted:

You're around there, yeah. The first chapter of the game is incredibly long compared to the last three.

I don't know who to believe. :(

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't know who to believe. :(

You're more than halfway done. The first season of the game, from the beginning to the point where you part ways with Sam and Henry, is the longest chapter of the game by far. The game is split up into the four seasons, so the game takes place over the course of a year, and that first season is just massively long compared to the rest.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Awesome to hear, that is very encouraging. Don't mean to sound too preoccupied with the game's length. It's just that I don't technically own the PS4 I'm playing this game on. I essentially am just on late night "patrol" duty in my job and I essentially get paid to stay up at night. They bring the PS4 down during holidays and the summer, so that is the only time I can play it. Due to this I haven't played TLOU until three months ago. I should get another lick with it in a month or so. Hopefully that is the final push.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You probably have something like 7 or 8 hours left in the campaign and then another 2-3 for the dlc. Possibly a little less for the main game, it's been a little while since I played it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is anyone still playing MP? I'd love to smash some faces with bricks. My username is wordyrappinghood.

I played MP a bit on PS3 and a little around the PS4 versions launch so I'll be a little rusty.

edit: holy cow, forgot how fun this game was. My first match in like 2 years and I led it. The 2nd match we got obliterated but still. SO BRUTAL.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 1, 2015

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FRY MOTHERFUCKER!

fry motherfucker 1

fry motherfucker 2

fry motherfucker 3

fry motherfucker 30 second round

fry motherfucker CLUTCH!

fry motherfucker clusterfuck

bonus

surprise!

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

mono I think you jinxed my playstation. A month ago it was fine but since I got my receiver back it's been having really weird networking issues. Network settings it's connected to wifi with internet but it can't load anything in the store or play tlou online. I've heard the fan spinning, which is new :ohdear:

edit: for fun, here's a video of me making people ragequit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg-1eidsVAY

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 6, 2015

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I do not know how you survived in that second one. :heysexy::hf::hfive::hf::heysexy:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

GIB CLUB!

gib club preamble: the gibbening (Yellow, I think this was the vid you asked for)

gib club eye for an eye

gib club prioritizing

gib club juke

gib club highschool dropout

gib club highschool dropout 2

gib club hail mary

GIB CLUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Shorty really is the best gun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYBojj4xhZ0

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

mono sorry about up and disappearing the other night. My wifi router likes to just stop connecting to the internet every couple of days and it was late enough I figured I'd go to bed instead of dicking around with it.

For everyone else here's my first comeback video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw7QeR2DBOs (final action at 9m20s)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dayyyum, those last 2 minutes are fresh!

You got lucky, son, like first on the walkway stairs and then right at the end the guy whiffed with a nailbat. Great work, I like how you just charged the gently caress who was hard-scoping his molotov :mmmhmm:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nice. That was clutch. I like that 2 of your scrub pubs dropped when they thought they lost and your other one died 10 times. Seems like it was pretty much 1 v 4.

I actually played some great rounds of supply raid with pubs today. I kept getting bounced around from team to team and every round would end with the last 2 tickets battling it out within a sliver of health. I was enjoying being a traitor and just poo poo talking the other team with all of them depending on what team I was on. "Yeah these guys suck, you guys are cool"..." team switch "loving tacticals, what a bunch of punks"

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 13, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guys. Guys. Uncharted is soooo good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

loving tourist.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry the powers of mysticism were too much for you dawg.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 7, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

"gas"

your el dorado farts do nothing for me

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

NESguerilla posted:

check out the dong all nestled on olmecs collarbone

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Oh and in uncharted you can play as kenny powers and wear two pairs of sunglasses at the same time so it will suffice until TLOU2

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

So does anyone still play this? I haven't been able to get a game the past couple nights. Just spins in the lobby forever and ever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. Took a couple of weeks off for UC beta and Division but I'll be back on tonight and regularly. Assuming it isn't broken :geno:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Im sure at this point ND would like to "unintentionally" nuke the tlou servers in order to migrate their audience. Here is my evidence.....

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
So I bought a secondhand PS4 with a bunch of games, and just finished the main game the first time. Well... it was certainly a thing.

I'm not really sure I loved the gameplay as such. Kind of wished there was more growth in that area, more stuff to craft, more stuff to upgrade. Some review pointed out unlike in most games, violence in this is weighty and ugly, not a selling point designed to appeal. As such it maybe even grew tiresome a bit -- just like for the characters.

Anyhow. What a beautifully crafted game. The story was good. It looks beautiful. Great animations. Outstanding soundtrack. And obviously, some of the best voice acting I've ever heard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The gameplay really shines on the hardest difficulties and plays like more of a survival game. Playing anything less lets the wind out of it's sails. it becomes far more dynamic and intense. Although it definetly doesn't address your desire for more crafting and upgrades.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

If you want crafting and upgrades, you should check out multiplayer before Uncharted 4 kills the population for good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eh. I think at least half of the people in MP right now are lifers. It isn't going away any time soon. That said I'm sort of ready for UC4 and need a change of pace.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Eh. I think at least half of the people in MP right now are lifers. It isn't going away any time soon. That said I'm sort of ready for UC4 and need a change of pace.

Doin hard time on friday nights :jihad::jerkbag::jihad::jihad:

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Played last night after being on vacation for 2 weeks and like half the matches I played had cheaters. Seems like there's spots you can get to where walls stop existing and you can shoot through walls. Really sucks...

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Clanpot Shake posted:

Played last night after being on vacation for 2 weeks and like half the matches I played had cheaters. Seems like there's spots you can get to where walls stop existing and you can shoot through walls. Really sucks...

Yeah, I won't ever pick the suburbs for this very reason. And anytime it gets chosen, and someone does this, I quit. And when I quit, people die. People's lives are on the line here.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I got this but didn't actually play it all, since I beat it on PS3. Tempted to get back into it because holy poo poo the MP was fun.

PSN is DocFuzz.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Thread necro to see if anyone can help me learn to play factions because holy poo poo I'm confused and terrible.

I'm a mediocre player AT BEST in any pvp, so even though I've had both PS3 and PS4 versions of the game I have never tried the mp.

pls help, PSN: mr_dread

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

As much as I love the game I haven't played it since before Stellaris and Overwatch released, but if I'm on any time soon I'll hit you up.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

join tourist head popping enthusiast club if you want

tlou goons

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:siren::siren::siren:Reviving thread for talk about The Last of Us pt. II:siren::siren::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztdA-V18vs

And factions discussions.

Yeah, you knew what it was as soon as you saw them trees, didn't you.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
My only concern is it's gonna be weird going back to 30 fps multiplayer in TLOU2 when I've gotten used to 60 fps TLOU multiplayer remastered. But by concern I mean I don't give a flying gently caress I'm gonna execute more bitches by loot boxes

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

My only concern is it's gonna be weird going back to 30 fps multiplayer in TLOU2 when I've gotten used to 60 fps TLOU multiplayer remastered. But by concern I mean I don't give a flying gently caress I'm gonna execute more bitches by loot boxes

I'm pretty sure Uncharted 4 multi runs at a much higher framerate then the single player game, maybe they'll do the same here? Just turn down the particle effects and shadows and whatnot.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think it's time for another pain recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXtWwvpyJLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9FKARLVDc

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Spalec posted:

I'm pretty sure Uncharted 4 multi runs at a much higher framerate then the single player game, maybe they'll do the same here? Just turn down the particle effects and shadows and whatnot.

I would hope so but I also feel like since this game will definitely be a late gen game, like summer 2018 at the earliest with PS5 right around the corner, Naughty Dog is going to feel pressured to make the multi look as spectacular as the single player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I am so anxious about a sequel because the ending to TLOU was so drat perfect. C'mon Naughty Dog don't let me down.

• Locked thread