Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I can think of another pretty good reason to have a PS4 a week from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It generally improves over time but it is not close to worth a PS4 by itself. If there are several other PS4 games you think you'd get a lot of value out of, like bloodborne or destiny when the expansion comes out, then I'd consider getting the console. No game is worth an entire PS4 by itself unless you know you'll get 500 hours out of it.

I guess I can just go to Rent-A-Center.

But yeah outside of The Last of Us, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Persona 5 (what do all these three games have in common?), not really much interests me on the PS4 accept possibly Horizon. I'd try Bloodborne but found Dark Souls to be very boring.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

punk rebel ecks posted:

I guess I can just go to Rent-A-Center.

But yeah outside of The Last of Us, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Persona 5 (what do all these three games have in common?), not really much interests me on the PS4 accept possibly Horizon. I'd try Bloodborne but found Dark Souls to be very boring.

Bloodborne is amazing, especially if you didn't connect to the Souls games up to this point.

VVVVV My mileage did vary. Played it for 200 hours. Not only is it the best game so far this year, but it's the best game I've played since June 2013 when tlou originally launched.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 27, 2015

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

second-hand smegma posted:

Bloodborne is amazing, especially if you didn't connect to the Souls games up to this point.

I haven't played any of the souls games and couldn't stand Bloodborne. A copy of it got passed around my work and nobody enjoyed it. YMMV, but I definitely wouldn't get a PS4 for it.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

i'm assuming there's still some sort of goon community playing factions on PS4 - i've been playing a lot with some friends but they're not always on and willing

i'll probably be spending my hours with this until the destiny expac drops (and probably even afterwards) if anyone will play with a one dot straggler (gimme a break i started earlier this month) who's handy with the steel frontier rifle and has unlocked all but one of the non-DLC cowboy hats; psn a_cool_me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yellowjournalism was talking about this video the other night and I honestly didn't know most of this stuff. Really wish I had known some of this before all of my bad habits were hard wired into me. The name tag thing is super useful though. I don't know if I'll be able to do some of those aiming tricks after playing for this long most everything in TLOU is muscle memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_g-YbysAcI

The molotov thing is super useful too.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Fuuuuuuck so THAT's why the game doesn't give you the option to shiv sometimes. Yeah, lotta good stuff in that vid.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

That's a pro click, even if the guy is mega annoying. I've had people do the shoulder-swap or circle dance into and out of cover before and didn't know how they did it so well. I don't know if I'll be able to do that claw technique thing but it does seem really useful.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My own crazy version of the claw is that I use my right hand for the dpad. :haw:

Had a pretty good run last night with molotovs after watching that video.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

My own crazy version of the claw is that I use my right hand for the dpad. :haw:

wtf

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I basically make a "hang ten" hand sign and use the thumb on my right hand to switch weapons/inventory and use my pinky to hit o so I can have full range of movement while I switch inventory items.. I use my left thumb to go in my backpack since you can't move anyways. I didn't do it intentionally it just started happening after I got sick of stopping to change weapons. It's honestly saved my rear end more times than I can count.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I do that in a lot of games that have weapon/item swap mapped to the dpad :3:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Y'all are weird. In those situations I just use my otherwise unoccupied left pointer.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
When I think back at my career of throwing molotovs, I shouldn't be surprised...but man I've been throwing them wrong this whole time.

Logic would dictate that if hitting the ground around them would hurt them, that actually hitting them dead on would make it even more effective. V:)V

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ShootaBoy posted:

Y'all are weird. In those situations I just use my otherwise unoccupied left pointer.

You need that for the run button dude.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

NESguerilla posted:

You need that for the run button dude.

The aiming finger can pull double duty for those times :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I do this, too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Upload the video, Mono.

Upload the video, Mono.

Upload the my buttscratch video, Mono.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPLODld3AV0

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

drat, that looks glorious from your angle. I was standing there for like two minutes but FML if it didn't pay off.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Guys, I think I may have solved TLOU.

The solution is pacifism:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

Guys, I think I may have solved TLOU.

The solution is pacifism:

Look at this loving tourist, winning at life by helping people.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

My shameful secret revealed :ohdear:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only thing that gives me satisfaction is stabbing/blowing heads up.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Holler. Gonna have to drag myself out of the MGS cave and log back in for some lever action soon..

This is loving excellent. lol what were you guys doing? testing?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

yellowjournalism posted:

This is loving excellent. lol what were you guys doing? testing?

We were shaking off some rust from neglecting TLOU in favor of MGSV in a private match before going pubbie stomping. Snacky decided this was a good time to pick his butt. He was right.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Please don't talk about my...afflictions....as if I'm not standing right here.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Looks like we're getting some DLC on sale starting tommorrow. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/22/save-on-the-last-of-us-with-outbreak-day-2015/

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Finally picked up the scoped weapon pack, the last dlc I didn't have. Are these guns just for people who can't do the third person aiming thing? The only one I found effective was the variable rifle but that might just be because I spent half the time not zoomed in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The variable rifle is for cool dudes and the other 3 are reserved for the trash can.

Real answer I think they have a slight accuracy bonus, but screw aiming auto weapons in first person. I can't stand using them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Watch me keep the dream alive by posting my recent exploits, 60 seconds or less for each.

gently caress all tourists!

-------

Inevitable headshot, just wait for it.

Chunks

Close match 1, happy ending

Funeral Pyre

Advanced parkour techniques

Last man standing, forward momentum + aggression

Close match 2, sad ending

Ladder theory

and a tribute to this loving doofus on our team who gets juked in the most embarrassing way

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was that my bomb in the second one? :spergin: I'm glad you don't record the chat with me yelling at everything.

I made a goon community for this cause why not? I think most of you that still play should have invites.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Your bomb, and no prob, I also don't want the world to hear the shittiest things I have to say.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Awww shittt, alright you got this diamond dogg reporting back in from the Angola Zaire border. Still not finished so no spoilers !

headshot: lol he bled out right before taking that last bullet didn't he? :unsmigghh:

chunks: tourist spotted! ;-*

Man that double barrel is underrated. Time to break out the ol cowboy loadout agin. I'll log on tonight but y'all will have to prop me up, I'm gonna be hitting L3 to sprint and attempting to hold up dudes like an idiot

second-hand smegma posted:

and a tribute to this loving doofus on our team who gets juked in the most embarrassing way

This is the best :allears:

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

Wait, I'd like to post a neat clip too! (25s)

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

How often are you guys still playing? Always nice to wreck some tourists with some pros.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I play most weeknights but seem to be alone in preferring Supply Raid over Survivors. I've been playing with a charming pubbie Texan but it's always better with 4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

We are probably like 40% supply raid these days. Survivors will always be my jam, but this far in some variety is good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I like supply raid when I'm testing out new builds, and survivors when I need to do poo poo around the house between rounds.

I like interrogation when I'm playing one-handed while jacking off.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

I liked Interrogation when I wanted to get the two trophies for it.

I'm mostly a Supply Raid man but I'll kill wherever. I'll keep an eye out for you guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think a good nerf for the tactical shotgun would be giving it a 10% chance to backfire and instantly execute the user.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 4, 2015

• Locked thread