Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
What was the alt ending? Joel leaving Ellie with Marlene? or telling Ellie what happened? Or was it all just a dreaaaaaam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Brightman posted:

The original video of it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8XN7eoZr0Y

Again, spoilers for the end of the game, but if you've already played it this is great. Like if you haven't played the game, remember to watch this, or at least remember to search for the alternate ending because it is amazing.

Ahahaha! Now I'll be constantly singing "DIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!" next time I play through this.

I don't even know why I spoilered that :haw:

Anatharon posted:

Pretty much.

I went in knowing almost nothing about it and it just blew me away in every aspect.
Like, none of the gameplay was really new or tried to have some "groundbreaking" gimmick to it, instead every single element of the gameplay was just absolutely nailed . The controls, the movement, the shooting, everything just felt perfect to me. On top of that I really felt it had the best characters, acting and dialogue I'd ever seen in a game.
I can honestly say with no hyperbole that it's probably the best game I've ever played, and I felt like that from the first few minutes of the game, through all my subsequent playthroughs. It just all clicked together perfectly to me.

Also goddamn that soundtrack is good.

e] I mean that probably looks like exactly the kind of hyperbole you were describing, but :drat: man, game is good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea the best way to use stealth is just to get the surprise in your initial attack and then play cat & mouse taking hostages, dropping mines and setting up your next victim. Anyway it gets pretty boring just sneaking round choking everybody.

• Locked thread