Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Wormskull posted:

Most of these deserve a better D-pad than the 360 has. It's Bullshit!

I just use my ps3 controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

zen death robot posted:

There's always this beauty:

This was a nice pad but all I played on it was iron man and clockwork knight

Action Tortoise fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 28, 2014

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
gimme that big fuckoff controller that originally came with the original xbox. it was silly how half the size of the thing was devoted to having a huge xbox logo, but it was still comfortable to hold

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gobblecoque posted:

gimme that big fuckoff controller that originally came with the original xbox. it was silly how half the size of the thing was devoted to having a huge xbox logo, but it was still comfortable to hold

please use its proper name when referring to The Duke thank you

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
did anyone ever figure out what the "mode" button on the genesis 6 button controller do

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
Gamecube dpad is a travesty. But the buttons are cool cuz theyre all different shapes so you always know what youre touching.

Im a dualshock guy though. No funny business there. Good dpad, two sticks. Four buttons.

The hori gbplayer one is sweet though(because of the good dpad), but yes it is overpriced in proportion to its rarity

zelgadis fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 28, 2014

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

it's even funnier how they released the smaller version for the japanese market cause the japanese tend to have smaller dicks hands, then made it the standard controller for all regions cause it wasn't offensively huge

Soral
May 30, 2009

i wish the dual shock 4 worked natively with windows/pc games but since it doesnt i have to downgrade it from my fav controller to my second fav after the super famicom controller

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

i wish the dual shock 4 worked natively with windows/pc games but since it doesnt i have to downgrade it from my fav controller to my second fav after the super famicom controller

Yeah but the SCP driver thingy isn't that bad. Plus you can change the LED color with it!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gc controller's hybrid analog triggers were sorta annoying in some games depending on what they were used for.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lmbo if you didn't use a Gravis Gamepad growing up

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
Is this you OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMkAzGtLfVg

Wormskull posted:

The SFC controller's one of the only things from Japs I don't regret buying since they sent me a cute thank you card with it.

Every package I've gotten from Japan has come with a cute note :3:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pikachu posted:

Is this you OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMkAzGtLfVg

Every package I've gotten from Japan has come with a cute note :3:

I wish i was solid snake

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

The SFC controller's one of the only things from Japs I don't regret buying since they sent me a cute thank you card with it.

is it weird I know who you bought that from?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX posted:

I don't know, I don't even remember who it was.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

SeXReX posted:

Actually I think I have a note from that person too

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

who owned one of these babies

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Look guys I enjoy the gamecube controller as much as the next guy, but the Xbox 360 controller is objectively the best controller ever built, and there's just no point arguing it. The GC obviously helped influence it's design, but Microsoft really outdid themselves. It's comfortable in my giant hands, it's comfortable for my tiny-handed friends. It's pretty durable, and you can get it in pretty much any color combination you can imagine at this point. What more do you want from a controller?

Dec 26, 2012

a worthwhile d-pad

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Man, everybody brings that poo poo up, and I feel like this point is never made adequately in response. gently caress you and your loving d-pad bullshit. If you're using the d-pad in a situation where you need speed and precision, you're a loving moron. What, are you playing fighting games? You shouldn't be using a controller. You should be using an x-arcade, or one of those crazy expensive fighting pads. Man up and learn 2 game, son. Get your loving priorities straight in how you input. Then we can talk.

Edit: And for the other games? Learn a little goddamn stick control instead of just mashing that poo poo everywhere you loving plebs, jesus christ.

E2: I'm loving pumped! Come at me with your other "faults" with the controller. OH WAIT THERE ARE NONE. BAM!

surc fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 29, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

surc posted:

Man, everybody brings that poo poo up, and I feel like this point is never made adequately in response. gently caress you and your loving d-pad bullshit. If you're using the d-pad in a situation where you need speed and precision, you're a loving moron. What, are you playing fighting games? You shouldn't be using a controller. You should be using an x-arcade, or one of those crazy expensive fighting pads. Man up and learn 2 game, son. Get your loving priorities straight in how you input. Then we can talk.

Edit: And for the other games? Learn a little goddamn stick control instead of just mashing that poo poo everywhere you loving plebs, jesus christ.
Mother of Mercy!

Dec 26, 2012

surc posted:

E2: I'm loving pumped! Come at me with your other "faults" with the controller. OH WAIT THERE ARE NONE. BAM!

Wormskull posted:

Mother of Mercy!

Dec 26, 2012

guy with a mario avatar: what is the deal with all these people wanting d-pads???

surc
Aug 17, 2004

^^^ I'm telling you man, stick control. I play a lot of the old platformers with my 360 controller nowadays and I find it to be a way more enjoyable experience. There's a reason they used to make those terrible joystick accessories for d-pads.

zen death robot posted:

The DS4 improved on the 360 controller in every way and even added a touchpad which is pretty nice when using Steam Big Screen Mode and you need a mouse input. You can also turn off the LED bar if you want in the software, so please do not bring that up.

Realtalk, I cannot hold any dualshock controller in a comfortable manner. I am pretty sure I am a freak, because I have been assured it is insanely comfortable, but it cramps my hand like no other. Also, I really really really really *really* hate the bumper setup. No good reason, I just can't stand it. Xbox 360 feels like I'm just curving my hands naturally.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

surc posted:

^^^ I'm telling you man, stick control. I play a lot of the old platformers with my 360 controller nowadays and I find it to be a way more enjoyable experience. There's a reason they used to make those terrible joystick accessories for d-pads.

Realtalk, I cannot hold any dualshock controller in a comfortable manner. I am pretty sure I am a freak, because I have been assured it is insanely comfortable, but it cramps my hand like no other. Also, I really really really really *really* hate the bumper setup. No good reason, I just can't stand it. Xbox 360 feels like I'm just curving my hands naturally.

Wormskull posted:

Mother of Mercy!

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
the 360 controller is the best besides the crap d pad did they fix that on the xboner

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

california roll posted:

the 360 controller is the best besides the crap d pad did they fix that on the xboner

yes but they broke the shoulders and sticks

shoulders only click in one specific spot and sticks are noisy little fuckers now.

major step back despite unfucking the d pad.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna guess you thought the Duke was a reasonably sized controller.

Always bet on Duke.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
If you think playing NES or SNES games with an analog stick is okay, you are wrong

Like, objectively

It's not even up for discussion

Dec 26, 2012

Pikachu posted:

If you think playing NES or SNES games with an analog stick is okay, you are wrong

Like, objectively

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pikachu posted:

Like, objectively

I love playing Final Fantasy 6 on my ipad with touch controls.

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I love playing Final Fantasy 6 on my ipad

bullshit

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I love playing Final Fantasy 6 on my ipad with touch controls.
hosed up

Soral
May 30, 2009

surc posted:

this is like.... all wrong. very hosed up, man.........

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

People are real excited to use this controller for the new Smash. Real excited.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Anime Device posted:

People are real excited to use this controller for the new Smash. Real excited.

same reason grandma has a tape cassette answering machine from the 70s

it works. it's fine. I know where all the buttons are. why do I need some fancy new controller

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Everything works. Everything is fine. What are you going on about?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

None of the other controllers ITT have a giant A button with the bxy buttons placed around it in a semicircle. And that really is the greatest feature

surc
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna guess you thought the Duke was a reasonably sized controller.

Yeah it was pretty solid, finally let me stop clenching my fingers up so much to hold controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
wii u pro controller all day every day

• Locked thread