Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Charliegrs posted:

So this might be a weird question but can anyone recommend a headset for use in a data center? I have to travel to our data center soon and it is LOUD. I basically have 2 requirements:
- Needs to be really good at noise cancelling. The Corsair headset I've been using just isn't really cutting it.
- I'm going to be on the phone a lot with my NOC and with Cisco etc. So it needs Bluetooth voice capabilities and ideally also wired but I can live without that.

It would be even better if it doesn't completely break the bank too. Anyone have any recommendations?

I have a pair of Sennheiser CX Plus wireless buds that work well for me, but I rarely use the active noise cancelling so can't speak to how effective it would be standing next to a rack (or 20).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

https://www.amazon.com/3M-WorkTunes-Protector-Bluetooth-Technology/dp/B0723CYHPZ

You want actual earpro, not active noise cancelling

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Raymond T. Racing posted:

You want actual earpro, not active noise cancelling

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ANC works by drowning out the noise with other noise. Actual ear protection works by preventing the noise from reaching your ears at all.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Just lol if you aren’t using Sordin Supreme Pro-X active ear pro like a real tier one (phone) operator

Unironically those made sense for me because I do gun stuff and do yardwork, so yeah. If you don’t shoot you can do way better on value.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BaseballPCHiker posted:

It feels like once you've been in IT long enough you know enough to figure anything out given enough time.

Except for regex. gently caress that poo poo.

quoted for double truth

wish I had these when I was in a data center for a month straight. I was using Airpod Pros which were ok, but it was still tiring. Also :lol: one got caught on some cables when i was mucking around in a rack and I had to spend an hour figuring out where it slid

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

I use these while mowing my lawn, great investment!

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BaseballPCHiker posted:

It feels like once you've been in IT long enough you know enough to figure anything out given enough time.

Except for regex. gently caress that poo poo.

yep. regexr is your friend.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

I don’t get the hate for regexes. It’s such a useful tool and supported broadly.

It’s not that hard if you get past the initial hurdle of understanding the at first glance seemingly unreadable syntax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Regex is really easy when you have chatGPT do it for you