Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The world is not just. You cannot in any way gently caress over your boss without attempting to make it a legal issue which will require effort and will impact references. My advice comes from ignorance of UK law, but you generally can't have your cake and eat it too.

Don't do any work for the next month and a half. If you're indeed the top performer it'll be felt, this may be very uncomfortable for you as it'll be full throttle passive aggressive confrontation. I think you'll end up discovering that your work product isn't actually all too important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The contract manager is lying to you. Look for a new job elsewhere.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

There has to be at least an inch of accountability for that to matter. I'm still looking for an org that has some

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

They just learned from blizzard launches that if the supply of servers is low then player demand will go up. I learned something similar in econ too

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Reviews don't matter. The only actual salary increase you'll get is with a new job. 5% is a large raise in most orgs and still results in a lower QOL YOY.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The big 4 really is nothing but grift

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I don't think I've ever had a boss look at tickets unless a complaint is escalated

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm not even a boss and I don't look at tickets

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Zoho and a few other lovely CRMs or whatever require a license to integrate

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A new interview means new comp negotiations

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Sr managers don't look at tickets

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Engineering requires seeing the big picture which means deflecting from doing any work, citing the business process.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

IME if the pay and title is not immediately rectified, you should suddenly be unable to do the work. You'll never get a promised promotion if they are already milking you.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My employer, who is now bankrupt, did the whole interview for your own jobs thing. It did not go well for them, and this is when they were solvent.

If your whole team is no longer qualified to do their jobs, well, how can you do your jobs?

Soon AI MBAs will make this all the norm of course

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The security side of SAP is awful. You have to remember a bunch of tcodes that mean nothing.

Su is user, pa is HR, SE is tables.

I pitty anyone who goes into it

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

For me it's what days I don't

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

If you're a VP of a company where you make bank, you probably shouldn't say being a miscreant is your job.

Saying the quiet part loud will always get you fired, especially if you're in the club. Doesn't matter if it's a joke and your companion is high AF downing a dog.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'll do you one better, there is no honest bid for diversity or inclusiveness or ____ in a public or private equity controlled company.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Per hour instead of per task

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Sounds like my place when I started, obviously wait and see but it might not be the worst idea to start thinking of ways to pitch improvements in app deployment to other people.

Just ask why don't we ____

We're stuck without autopilot for now due to some VDI stuff when our stores were designed

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

We still have win7 machines in our fleet so we can use tls1.0

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

That's pretty amazing. :allears:

I thought TLS 1.0 was still supported on Windows 10/11, is it not? Also I'm curious to hear why you're stuck using it. Certainly someone could at the very least stand up a proxy or something?

You may be able to force it, but then there's also access 2003 DBs stored on the NAS that are load bearing. Throwing OSes on its own subnet may be easier than tracking random machines. I think we finally got rid of all 2003 servers that support it, but still have some 2008 nonR2

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That greatly depends on who is interviewing you and whether it's a MSP. A MSP will want you to know random rear end 169.254 reserved IPs used in a bad DHCP exchange for a "windows SME" as well as FSMO roles; enterprise could give a poo poo. A MSP will want you to hit the ground running so you are profitable without training.

You have some responsibility to deflect those kind of questions however. Asking for what kind of problems you will be solving and talking through how you would approach them, including "I'd ask jives." Soooo many people just do not do research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I pitty our local warehouse people because leadership has never given a gently caress about reigning in any management off primary site to any sort of practice or accountability.