Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

Paladine_PSoT posted:

My greatest fear is that the ms big data system will become sentient, and its only frame of reference for developing a personality will be endless xbox live chat streams.

Skynet talks like a 14yo with aspergers and is a mysoginist and a racist.

Connecting via XBox Live? That's a CAL-dlin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I know this isn't really the right thread, but it seems like the people in this thread would know better than anyone else. Would it be feasible to set up something like an archive system on my PC? Basically, I'm thinking files that haven't been altered for maybe a month or so end up getting moved to Documents_Archive from Documents. I'd think I could set up a script to do something like that with powershell, but I have no experience with it whatsoever. The most scripting I've done is a couple simple .bat files years ago. So I guess it does kind of apply to this thread, because if I learned powershell to do something like that, I'd put it on my resume.

It's a weird thing to care about, but I've got a new laptop and it is so nice being able to save a file, go to email it, and have only maybe 10 things in the folder to pick from instead of hundreds accumulated over years.

Setting a .bat file to run constantly/at an interval is quite easy. Once the script's been created, you can set it to run via a scheduled task, in the task scheduler.

I think Sickening said it earlier, but I would definitely try to pick up Powershell In A Month Of Lunches - It's the best book for learning PS currently.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Last year for whatever reason I agreed to some skills-based tests online, but not technical skills - Think word games, finding the odd image out of 12 in the quickest possible time etc.

So I did it, and during the interview they were like "Uhhhhhh so it says here your intuitive responsiveness is 8.3, how do you feel about that?" :suicide:

I told them those types of questions should be for a therapists' couch and not a technical job and cut the interview short. Got offered the job anyway though :confused:

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

User sent an all staff email announcing she was going to be out of the office for a few days. Another user then send an all staff email announcing he was going to be out for a few days too.

C-level sends an email in response and i thought all hell was going to break loose with bitch fits and unsubscribe requests. Turns out the response went only to me asking to address this at the next tech committee meeting so we can correct culture behavior before it gets out of control.

I almost wept from joy.

Why don't you just restrict who can send out to the address?