Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I like to harrass colleagues by going through old parts of chats and giving the thumbs up reaction to 10-20 ancient messages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Reoxygenation posted:

New Teams puts me away the moment I get up and stays as such until I tab back in on it, no one gives me poo poo for it and they better not, considering I always respond instantly to everyone and everything

This is just for the productivity metrics your bosses get don't worry about it

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I'd also say that while the CCNA and such obviously helps you get things done in Cisco land, generally what you actually need to do on another vendors gear is exactly the same and it's a pretty short step to work out/read the docs if you actually learned and understood the concepts of a feature or architecture rather than just the bits to pass the CCNA. Unfortunately finding techs with CCNAs is easy, finding techs that can actually think critically is much harder. Interoperability between vendors for the same loving standard can be painful but usually only because they implement different defaults that you never touched doing the same thing within a single vendor environment.